- February 29, 2020
- L.A. Metro, City of Los Angeles Officially Install 200th Bike Share Station in Los Angeles
Marking a new milestone in the continued expansion of the county’s bike share system, The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) have officially installed their 200th Metro Bike Share station in Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: Bike Share Station, LADOT
- February 28, 2020
- Metro Board of Directors Approves Further Study of Washington Boulevard Alternative for the Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors narrowed the list of potential routes for an eastern extension of the Gold Line from its current terminus in East Los Angeles.
- Keywords: Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2
- February 27, 2020
- LA Metro Board of Directors Approves Creation of Innovative New MicroTransit Pilot Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today approved an innovative three-year MicroTransit Pilot Project that will bring a new Metro-operated, on-demand shared ride service for short trips to six designated service zones in Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: MicroTransit Pilot Project, on-demand shared ride service
- February 20, 2020
- Metro to Offer Free Rides on Election Day, March 3
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) will be providing free rides on Election Day, March 3, on all Metro buses and trains. In addition, two of Metro’s facilities located in downtown Los Angeles and El Monte will be used as official vote centers from Feb. 22 to March 3 for voters who want to cast their vote early.
- Keywords: Free rides, Election Day, vote centers
- February 14, 2020
- Crime Down on L.A. Metro System Over Past Five Years
Crime on L.A. County’s Metro Bus and Rail system has decreased 17 percent over the last five years, according to new crime figures released by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- Keywords: Crime, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Long Beach Police Department
- February 11, 2020
- U.S. Department of Transportation Commits Nearly $1.3 Billion in New Funding for Section Three of the Metro Purple Line Extension to Westwood
A federal grant totaling nearly $1.3 billion to help build the third and final phase of the Metro Purple Line Extension to Westwood/VA Hospital in Westwood was sent today by the U.S. Department of Transportation to Capitol Hill, the last step before the agreement is signed between the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro).
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension, Federal Transit Administration, Department of Transportation