- March 29, 2019
- LA Metro Hosts Girls Empowerment Summit for More Than 250 Students Interested in Transportation Careers
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Women and Girls Governing Council on Friday hosted more than 250 girls from middle and high schools across the county at its first-ever Girls Empowerment Summit.
- Keywords: Women and Girls Governing Council, Girls Empowerment Summit, transportation careers
- March 22, 2019
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Service from Union Station and Harbor Gateway Transit Center to the Ballpark Starts March 26
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is set to provide free Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles and the South Bay Harbor Gateway Transit Center for the 2019 baseball season. Service begins with the exhibition game between the Dodgers and Angels on Tuesday, March 26, and for the regular season opener on Thursday, March 28, against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Keywords: Dodger Stadium Express, Union Station, Harbor Gateway Transit Center
- March 18, 2019
- L.A. Metro to Hold Two Community Meetings for the Metro Orange Line Bus Rapid Transit Improvements Project March 26 and 27
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold two community open houses on March 26 and 27 to update the public on planned safety and speed improvements for Metro Orange Line BRT Improvements Project. Community members are encouraged to attend and provide their input.
- Keywords: Community meeting, Orange Line, Bus Rapid Transit Improvements Project
- March 18, 2019
- Metro to Hold Four Community Meetings to Evaluate Routes for Northern Extension of the Crenshaw/LAX Line
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is holding four community meetings in March to evaluate alternatives to extend the Crenshaw/LAX Line to the north with connections to the Metro Expo, Purple and Red Lines as well as numerous bus lines. The public is encouraged to attend and participate in the planning of this important transit project.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX, Community Meeting, Northern Extension
- March 08, 2019
- Metro’s Art Program Features Photographic Portraits at Union Station of Women Working at Metro
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is featuring Metro female employees in a variety of professions through a series of photographic portraits now on display at Union Station.
- Keywords: Metro Art, Union Station, Forward Motion
- March 01, 2019
- Metro Opens New Bike Hub at Culver City Expo Line Station to Provide Safe, Secure Bicycle Parking
Bringing secure bicycle parking to one of the highest demand rail stations on the Westside, The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced the opening of a new Metro Bike Hub at the Expo Line Station in Culver City.
- Keywords: Bicycle parking, Culver City, Bike hub