- February 28, 2019
- Metro Board Unanimously Approves Key Recommendations for Metro’s Bold “Re-Imagining of L.A. County” Transportation Initiative
In a significant vote to relieve traffic congestion and combat climate change, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today unanimously voted to further explore congestion relief pricing and new mobility fees for ride share companies. Both are strategies in Metro’s “Re-Imagining of Los Angeles County: Mobility, Equity and the Environment” plan.
- Keywords: Congestion relief pricing, ride share
- February 27, 2019
- Metro and LADOT to Launch Westside Expansion of Metro Bike Share Program and Introduce New Smart Bikes at CicLAvia Open Streets Event on Sunday, March 3
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) have announced that the popular Metro Bike Share Program will officially expand to West Los Angeles in time for CicLAvia – Culver City Meets Mar Vista + Palms presented by Metro this Sunday, March 3.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share, CicLAvia Open Streets, LADOT
- February 25, 2019
- Metro, LADOT Partner to Expand Metro’s Bike Share Program to New Central Los Angeles Communities
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT), has begun expansion of its Metro Bike Share network into Central Los Angeles, with more than 40 new stations in MacArthur Park, Rampart Village, Koreatown, Echo Park, Silver Lake and surrounding communities.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share, LADOT, Central Los Angeles
- February 11, 2019
- Metro to Hold Eight Additional Community Meetings Seeking Input on NextGen Bus Study Starting February 28
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold eight additional community meetings beginning February 28 to get more feedback from the public on the agency’s NextGen Bus Study, the 18-month effort to redesign and reimagine the agency’s bus system to meet the needs of today’s riders.
- Keywords: Community meeting, NextGen Bus Study, bus services
- February 07, 2019
- L.A. Metro Partners with Getaround to Provide New, Affordable Personal Car Sharing Service at Key Metro Transit Stations
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has announced a partnership with the San Francisco-based company Getaround to offer an affordable and hassle-free carsharing service at more than 25 busy Metro transit park-and-ride lots throughout Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: Getaround, car sharing, park-and-ride