- August 23, 2018
- L.A. Metro Begins Improvement Project at Blue Line’s Willowbrook/Rosa Parks Station
The facility will be completely refurbished with new amenities for customers and community
- Keywords: Blue Line, Willowbrook/Rosa Parks Station, Improvement Project
- August 17, 2018
- Metro Encourages Public Input on NextGen Bus Study; Launches New Online Interactive Engagement Tool
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has launched a new online interactive engagement tool to gather more public input as part of the agency’s NextGen Bus Study.
- Keywords: NextGen Bus Study
- August 17, 2018
- Metro begins talks with passenger rail car manufacturers about unique partnership
As the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) continues to position Los Angeles County as a transportation center for excellence, CEO Phillip Washington and agency executives held a roundtable Thursday with international rail car manufacturers and consultants to discuss how transportation innovation can translate to the presence of a passenger rail manufacturing facility in L.A. County.
- August 08, 2018
- Metro Preparing for the "New Blue"
Metro’s $350-million investment in modernizing the Blue Line will begin in January 2019
The Metro Blue Line will undergo a comprehensive $350-million modernization beginning in January 2019 to improve reliability, enhance safety and improve the customer experience, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced today.
- Keywords: Metro Blue Line, January
- August 07, 2018
- Restoration work along Crenshaw Boulevard moves to Martin Luther King Jr. Station
Construction of the Crenshaw/LAX Line — Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro’s) next light rail line — continues this week as restoration work moves north to the area around the future Martin Luther King Jr. Station at Crenshaw and Martin Luther King Jr. boulevards.
- August 02, 2018
- Metro Now Offers Online Multi-Language Customer Comment Forms
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has developed a multi-language comment and complaint form for online users, giving agency customers with a limited proficiency of English a more effective way to communicate with the agency.
- Keywords: Customer Comment Forms, Complaint Form, Customer Care