- July 30, 2018
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl Becomes the New Chair of Metro’s Board of Directors
Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl has become the new Chair of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors. She succeeds outgoing Board Chair Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.
- Keywords: Sheila Kuehl, Chair, Board of Directors
- July 26, 2018
- L.A. Metro Board Approves Plans for Crossing Gates, Grade Separations to Improve Safety, Speeds and Capacity on the Metro Orange Line
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board approved plans for up to 35 crossing gates and two busway and bicycle grade separations for the San Fernando Valley’s Metro Orange Line. Plans will greatly improve both safety and performance and prepare the bus line for its future conversion to light rail.
- Keywords: L.A. Metro Board Approves Plans
- July 12, 2018
- L.A. Metro Reduces Bike Share Fares, Plans Expansion to New Downtown Areas and Westside Communities
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has made several major improvements to its countywide bike share program that will make using shared bicycles more affordable and accessible for short-distance trips.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share Fares
- July 03, 2018
- Regional Connector Transit Project Decking Installation Work to Start Saturday, July 7 along Flower Street in Downtown Los Angeles
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) work crews under contract to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will begin a series of full weekend closures along portions of Flower Street in downtown Los Angeles between 5th Street and Wilshire Boulevard to perform decking installation activities for the Regional Connector Transit Project.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, Flower Street, Downtown Los Angeles