- June 22, 2018
- Metro to Expand All-Door Boarding to Vermont Avenue Metro Rapid Line 754 Effective Sunday, June 24
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will expand all-door boarding to the busy Vermont Avenue Rapid Line 754 to speed up transit trips and reduce the time buses dwell at stops.
- Keywords: All-Door Boarding, Rapid Line 754, Vermont Avenue
- June 20, 2018
- LA Metro Delivers Annual State of the Agency Report
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) CEO Phillip A. Washington joined Los Angeles Mayor and Metro Board Chair Eric Garcetti and incoming new Metro Board Chair, Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl in delivering the annual State of the Agency report today to Metro Board Members, community leaders and stakeholders at Union Station.
- Keywords: State of the Agency, Measure M, Board Chair
- June 19, 2018
- L.A. Metro Implements Bus Service Changes Effective Sunday, June 24
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will implement bus service changes to improve productivity and service quality on Sunday, June 24, 2018. The service changes include implementation of the Warner Center Shuttle, minor route and schedule adjustments, and implementation of all-door boarding on Vermont Avenue Metro Rapid Line 754.
- Keywords: Service Changes, Warner Center, Rapid Line 754
- June 18, 2018
- Metro and Los Angeles County Partner on Transportation School to Create the Next Generation of Workers
The Los Angeles County Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with the County of Los Angeles, announced the kick-off today of their Transportation School, which will prepare Los Angeles County youth for career and college pathways in the global transportation industry. The school’s curriculum will be developed to teach students transferrable STEAM industry skills focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
- Keywords: Transportation School, Career Pathways, College Pathways
- June 11, 2018
- Dodger Stadium Aerial Tram Unsolicited Proposal Advances to Phase 2
An unsolicited proposal from Aerial Rapid Transit Technologies LLC (ARTT) for a privately-funded aerial tram between Los Angeles Union Station and Dodger Stadium has advanced to a Phase Two, the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced Monday.
- Keywords: Dodger Stadium, Aerial Tram, Union Station
- June 04, 2018
- Crenshaw Boulevard restoration work could begin as early as June 15
After four years of construction work on the Crenshaw/LAX Line’s three underground stations, work to restore and improve Crenshaw Boulevard could begin as early as June 15. The work will require three separate closures of parts of Crenshaw Boulevard between 48th Street and Exposition Boulevard.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX, Detours