- March 30, 2018
- Metro to reopen five Green Line stations April 1 after connecting tracks with future Crenshaw/LAX Line
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced today that the five Green Line stations closed to connect with the future Crenshaw/LAX light-rail line will reopen to the public on Sunday, April 1.
- Keywords: Green Line, Crenshaw/LAX
- March 29, 2018
- L.A. Metro Names Bryan M. Sastokas as New Chief Information Officer
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has announced the appointment of Bryan M. Sastokas as the agency’s new Chief Information Officer following an extensive search from a large pool of talented candidates.
- March 29, 2018
- L.A. Metro to Hold Bus Operator One-Day Hiring Event April 7
Metro is hiring! If you are 21 years old or older and interested in becoming a Metro bus operator, attend our one-day hiring event on Saturday, April 7. There are more than 200 bus operator positions available, and staff will be conducting on-the-spot testing, interviews, agility testing and background checks.
- Keywords: Hiring Event, Bus Operator
- March 28, 2018
- California Transportation Commission Adopts 2018 STIP
Metro Secures $482 Million in State Funding for Various Transportation Projects Including State Route 138 Highway Project, East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor and Bus Replacements
- Keywords: Route 138, San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor, Bus Replacements
- March 27, 2018
- Metro Community-Based Service Councils April Monthly Meetings to Highlight Metro’s FY 19 Budget Development Process and the NextGen Bus Service Study
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authrority (Metro) community-based transit service councils during the month of April will feature special reports and listening sessions geared around the FY 19 Budget Development Process and the NextGen Bus Service Study currently underway.
- Keywords: FY19 Budget, NextGen, Bus Service Study
- March 22, 2018
- It’s About Time to Try Transit…FREE L.A. Metro to Provide Free Rides on Earth Day, April 22
To encourage environmentally friendly transportation options and attract new transit riders, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board today approved free rides on the entire Metro Bus and Rail System on Earth Day on Sunday, April 22.
- March 19, 2018
- Metro to Host Interactive Telephone Town Hall Meetings April 4 & 5 to Gather Input about the Agency’s FY 2019 Budget and the NextGen Bus Study
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host two live, interactive telephone town hall meetings from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday April 4 and Thursday, April 5, to talk about your tax dollars at work and how they are being invested in the transportation revolution now in progress in Los Angeles County. Along with Metro’s budget development outreach for the coming year, there will be an introduction into the NextGen Bus Study with the goal of designing a new bus network that is more relevant, reflective of, and attractive to the residents of L.A. County. This redesigned network will improve service to current customers, attract new customers and win back past customers. The meetings will be simulcast in English and Spanish.
- Keywords: Telephone Town Hall, FY2019, NextGen Bus Study
- March 14, 2018
- Go Metro to the 2018 L.A. Marathon March 18
The 2018 Annual Los Angeles Marathon will return this Sunday, March 18 and getting to the finish line – and home again – via Metro is again an easy ride on the Expo Line.
- Keywords: LA Marathon, Expo Line
- March 09, 2018
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Will Continue to Serve South Bay Communities
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and L.A. County Supervisor Janice Hahn today announced that the popular Dodger Stadium Express bus service will again be offered for the 2018 baseball season. In addition to the service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium, Metro and Supervisor Hahn have worked together to secure additional funding to preserve the Dodger Stadium Express service traveling from the Harbor Gateway Transit Center in the South Bay via Metro ExpressLanes along to I-110 Harbor Freeway.
- Keywords: Dodger Stadium Express. South Bay, Harbor Gateway Transit Center