- January 31, 2018
- Metro to Present New “Life Underground” Web Documentary Series at Los Angeles Union Station
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with filmmaker Hervé Cohen, will present Life Underground, an immersive media installation and interactive web documentary featuring subway rider stories from across the globe at Los Angeles Union Station January 30 to February 5.
- January 29, 2018
- Metro Red Line Subway Celebrates 25 Years of Service
Elected officials and community stakeholders joined Los Angeles Mayor and Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Board Chair Eric Garcetti today to celebrate the Metro Red Line’s 25th birthday. The popularity of the subway system sparked a renaissance of rail planning and construction in L.A. County that now spans 105 miles of Metro Rail, with four new projects currently under construction.
- Keywords: Red Line
- January 22, 2018
- Regional Connector Tunnel Boring Machine “Angeli” Retires Following Completion of Two Twin Tunnels for the Underground Light Rail Project
Angeli, the tunnel boring machine (TBM) mining the underground tunnels for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Regional Connector Transit Project, achieved a key construction milestone this month by completing the second tunnel and will now officially retire from the light rail project.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, Tunnel Boring Machine, Angeli
- January 19, 2018
- Work to Begin to Connect Future Crenshaw/LAX Line to Green Line; Five Green Line Stations Will Close Temporarily Beginning January 26 with Buses Replacing Trains
Five Green Line stations will close to allow Green Line tracks to be connected to the future Crenshaw/LAX line beginning January 26 and continuing through Saturday, April 7.
- Keywords: Media Advisory, Crenshaw/LAX Line to Green Line
- January 18, 2018
- Metro Will Add Extra Service on Saturday for Women’s March in Downtown Los Angeles
With 200,000 projected to attend the Women’s March Los Angeles on Saturday, Jan. 20, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is planning extra rail service and security for the event. Patrons attending the march on Saturday are advised to buy TAP cards and load them with fare in advance to avoid what could be massive crowds. All riders will need a TAP card loaded with fare to board Metro trains and buses.
- Keywords: Women's March, Extra Service
- January 16, 2018
- Metro Urges Customers to Help Report Suspected Human Trafficking on Transit
As part of National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is reminding the public how to help potential victims. Human trafficking is a heinous crime and victims are often transported on buses and trains in the United States. Almost one million people — mostly young girls — are trafficked against their will each year.
- Keywords: Human Trafficking
- January 08, 2018
- Full Weekend Closures of 4th and Flower Street Intersection in Downtown Los Angeles for Regional Connector Tunnel Boring Machine Removal
In anticipation of tunnel mining work being completed in mid-January, the Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) under contract to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will begin efforts to retrieve the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) at the 4th and Flower Street intersection as part of construction related activities for the Regional Connector Transit Project.
- Keywords: Weekend closures, 4th Street, Flower Street