- December 20, 2017
- Metro to Offer Free Rides on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
Don’t let traffic ruin your holiday season! Let Metro do the driving. Metro will once again offer free rides on all Metro Bus and Rail lines operating on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Keywords: Free Rides, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve
- December 19, 2017
- Metro Receives Unsolicited Proposal to Deliver Advanced Technology and Accelerated Delivery to Vermont Avenue Transit Corridor through a Public-Private Partnership
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has received an unsolicited proposal from AECOM and John Laing, to bring advanced cutting-edge mobility technologies and next generation bus rapid transit to the Vermont Avenue Transit Corridor through a public-private partnership (P3).
- Keywords: P3, OEI, Measure M
- December 11, 2017
- Metro Needs Applicants for Two Vacant Positions on Measure M Independent Taxpayer Oversight Committee
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is searching for two individuals to serve on the Measure M Independent Taxpayer Oversight Committee to help provide government accountability and transparency for county residents and taxpayers. An essential part of the process is to organize the seven-member oversight committee that will monitor Measure M.
- Keywords: Measure M, Taxpayer Oversight Committee,
- December 04, 2017
- Metro Implements Service Enhancements Effective Sunday, Dec. 10
Beginning Sunday, December 10, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will implement several changes to improve the efficiency and reliability of bus service. Changes include modifications to late night owl service to offer better transit connections, a new Westside Line 602 shuttle and extending the hours of Line 233 to 24-hours-day, seven days a week.
- Keywords: Service Enhancements, Route Changes, Bus Service