- November 30, 2017
- Metro’s Twenty-Eight by ‘28 List Aims to Complete Major Transportation Projects in Time for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games
With the Olympic and Paralympic Games coming to the Los Angeles region in summer 2028, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is working on a “Twenty-Eight by ‘28” Initiative to ensure that 28 key road, transit and bicycle/pedestrian projects are completed in time for the 2028 Games in Los Angeles. Many of the projects are already scheduled to be completed by then. Others would need accelerated funding to complete by 2028.
- Keywords: Olympic, Paralympic, Twenty-Eight by '28
- November 17, 2017
- Metro and Via to Join Forces on Shared Rides to and from Select Transit Stations
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today is announcing it will pursue a partnership with Via, a transportation network company (TNC), to provide an affordable, equitable, and accessible first and last mile solution for customers to help bridge the first/last mile gap. This project will be supported in part by a $1.35 million from Mobility on Demand (MOD) Sandbox grant from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Keywords: OEI, Via, Shared Rides
- November 16, 2017
- Metro Partnering with LA CoMotion Expo to Enhance Mobility
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is partnering with LA CoMotion today through Friday, Nov. 17 for Cities in Motion, a thought leadership conference that is bringing together voices from around the globe to explore the changing nature of urban mobility.
- Keywords: LA CoMotion
- November 15, 2017
- Metro Opens New Metro Bike Hub to Provide Safe, Secure Bicycle Parking at Los Angeles Union Station
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced the grand opening of a new Metro Bike Hub at Los Angeles Union Station, one of the largest secure-access bicycle parking facilities of its kind on the Metro transit system.
- November 06, 2017
- Metro ExpressLanes Celebrate 5th Anniversary along Harbor Freeway
Weeklong Celebration Starts This Week
- Keywords: ExpressLanes, Harbor Freeway