- August 31, 2017
- Weekend Closures of Flower Street in Downtown Los Angeles between 5th and 6th Streets Begins September 8 for Work on Regional Connector Transit Project
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) work crews under contract to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will begin weekend closures of Flower Street in downtown Los Angeles between 5th and 6th Streets beginning Friday, September 8, for cut and cover decking installation work required for the Regional Connector Transit Project.
- Keywords: Weekend closures, Flower Street, Regional Connector
- August 11, 2017
- Metro Releases Draft EIR for Los Angeles Union Station Forecourt and Esplanade Improvement Project; Public Workshop Scheduled for September 13
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has released its Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Los Angeles Union Station Forecourt and Esplanade Improvement Project.
- Keywords: Los Angeles Union Station Forecourt and Esplanade Improvement Project
- August 11, 2017
- U.S. Representative Ted Lieu Tours Metro Expo Line phase 2
U.S. Representative Lieu Joins NRC Member Skanska USA at LA Metro for Tour of Exposition Light Rail Phase 2 and Rail Discussion
Los Angeles, CA – Congressman Ted Lieu (CD-33) joined officials from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and Skanska USA Civil on Friday, Aug. 11, to tour the recently completed Exposition Light Rail Transit Phase 2 (Expo 2) project, which extended service from Culver City to Santa Monica. The National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association (NRC) coordinated the event.
- August 07, 2017
- Go Metro to the L.A. Rams/Dallas Cowboys Game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Saturday, August 12, and to all Rams Preseason and Regular Season Football Games
Los Angeles Rams fans are encouraged to use Metro Rail or the Metro Silver Line to ride to the upcoming Rams game against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, Aug. 12, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, as well as Rams preseason and regular season football games for the 2017 season.
- Keywords: L.A. Rams, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- August 02, 2017
- Metro Leads the Nation in Setting Ambitious 2030 Zero Emission Bus Goal; Takes First Step with Purchase of 100 Electric Buses
Last Thursday the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board unanimously adopted a motion endorsing a comprehensive plan to transition the agency to a 100 percent zero emission bus fleet by 2030.
The plan is contingent upon two primary factors: continuous advancements in electric bus technology – which includes an increase in range, reduction of bus weight, reduction of charging times and extension of battery life cycles – as well as a drop in price as the technology develops. Metro is the largest American transportation agency to endorse such a goal.
- Keywords: electric buses, 2030 zero emissions