- March 30, 2017
- Metro Partners with City, County and Local Community Organizations to Launch Community Market for Street Vendors at Westlake/MacArthur Park Subway Station
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced a new partnership with city, county and neighborhood organizations to open a community market where vendors can sell their goods outside the portal to the Westlake/MacArthur Metro Red/Purple Line Station.
- Keywords: Westlake/MacArthur, Street Vendors, Community Market
- March 29, 2017
- Century Boulevard will have Directional Nighttime Closures at Aviation Boulevard for two weeks
There will be nightly directional closures on Century Boulevard for two weeks beginning April 3 between Aviation Boulevard and Bellanca Avenue. The closures are necessary for work to remove the framework used to help construct the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project’s Aviation/Century Station.
- Keywords: Night Closure, Aviation Boulevard, Century Boulevard
- March 28, 2017
- Metro Honors the Late L.A. County Leader Bob Bartlett with Plaque Dedications on the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today dedicated plaques for the late L.A. County leader and former Monrovia Mayor Bob Bartlett at its Monrovia Gold Line operations campus as well as the city’s Metro Gold Line Station. Metro’s operation campus on California Avenue has also officially been renamed to “Division 24: Robert ‘Bob’ Bartlett Monrovia Operations & Maintenance Facility.”
- March 24, 2017
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Service from Union Station and Harbor Gateway Transit Center to the Ballpark Starts April 1
Metro will provide Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium for the 2017 baseball season, beginning with exhibition play between the Dodgers and Anaheim Angels on Saturday, April 1, and for regular season play on Monday, April 3, for the season opener against the San Diego Padres. The service is provided to all home games under a grant from the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC).
- Keywords: Dodgers, Express Service, Stadium, Harbor Gateway Transit Center
- March 23, 2017
- Metro to Host Interactive Telephone Town Hall Meeting March 28 to Answer Questions about Measure M and Metro’s Budget for the Coming Year
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host a live, interactive telephone town hall meeting 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 28, to talk about your tax dollars at work and how they are being invested in the transportation revolution now in progress in Los Angeles County. Along with Metro’s budget development outreach, there will be an update on Measure M – the program to advance 40 major transportation projects over 40 years -- and questions about changes in service to help your commutes will be answered. The meeting will be simulcast in English and Spanish.
- Keywords: Town Hall Meeting, Measure M, Metro Budget
- March 23, 2017
- Metro to Purchase 64 New Rail Cars for Metro Red, Purple Line Subway System
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has contracted with China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation to build 64 new rail cars for the Metro Red and Purple Lines, a major procurement that will bring new manufacturing jobs to the Los Angeles region and help Metro maintain and expand its subway system.
- March 17, 2017
- Go Metro to the 2017 L.A. Marathon and Return Home Conveniently on the Expo Line Between Santa Monica and Downtown Los Angeles
The annual Los Angeles Marathon will return this Sunday, March 19 and getting to the finish line – and home again – via Metro will be even easier than it has been in the past.
- Keywords: marathon, Expo Line, Santa Monica,
- March 14, 2017
- Metro Launches Operation: Better Ride with Increased Law Enforcement and Security Patrols on the Metro System
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is increasing law enforcement and security patrols on the Metro System starting this week to help improve the ridership experience for its transit customers.
- Keywords: Law Enforcement, Security Patrols, Metro System, Operation: Better Ride
- March 13, 2017
- Metro Still Seeking Qualified Candidates to Serve L.A. County as Members of the Measure M Independent Taxpayer Oversight Committee
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is still seeking qualified candidates to serve the voters of Los Angeles County on the Measure M Independent Taxpayer Oversight Committee that will monitor and ensure that tax revenue is spent for transportation purposes as specified in the ballot measure ordinance. The application period will close March 28.
- Keywords: Measure M, taxpayer, oversight committee
- March 13, 2017
- Full Street Closure on Centinela Avenue between Beach Avenue and Florence Avenue for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
Centinela Avenue will be closed to traffic until 4 p.m. on Friday, March 17 between Beach and Florence Avenues in Inglewood to build a rail crossing at Centinela and Florence Avenues as part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project construction.
- Keywords: Street Closure, Centinela Avenue, Beach Avenue, Florence Avenue, Crenshaw/LAX
- March 13, 2017
- Metro to Begin Construction of Burbank Airport North Metrolink Station
Construction of the Burbank Airport-North Metrolink Station will begin on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, at the northwest corner of Hollywood Way and San Fernando Boulevard in Burbank. The $15-million project is expected to be completed in the spring of 2018 and is funded by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) ($12.3 million) and the Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority ($2.7 million).
- Keywords: Burbank Airport, Metrolink
- March 13, 2017
- Metro Invites Public to Rail-to-Rail/River Project Meetings on March 23
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) invites residents, business owners, stakeholders and the general public to two meetings on March 23 in Huntington Park to discuss segment B of the Rail-to-Rail/River project.
- Keywords: Crenshaw, rail to river project, meetings
- March 06, 2017
- Metro Receives Unsolicited Proposal to Accelerate Orange Line Conversion to Light Rail through a Public-Private Partnership
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has received an unsolicited proposal from Fluor Enterprises, Inc., to accelerate conversion of the Orange Line from bus rapid transit to light rail through a public-private partnership (P3). This is the first proposal Metro has received for this Measure M project and the tenth proposing an alternative delivery method for a major capital project.
- Keywords: unsolicited proposal, accelerate, partnership
- March 03, 2017
- Weekend Roundup
Metro Service Updates for the March 4-5 Weekend
- Keywords: Service Updates, Green Line, 626 Golden Streets, Women's Day March