- July 29, 2016
- Nightly Closures at Century Boulevard near LAX due to Construction of Aerial Station Aviation/Century for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
As part of the construction of the aerial Aviation/Century Station for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) contractor Walsh/Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will implement nightly directional closures on Century Boulevard in August to remove the wood framing (falsework) for the bridge.
- July 29, 2016
- Cell Phone Service for Sprint Customers Now Available in Metro Subway Stations and Tunnels along the Red/Purple Lines
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with InSite Wireless Group and Sprint now provides underground cell phone service for Sprint customers on the Metro Red/Purple Lines between Union Station and 7th Street/Metro Center Station in downtown Los Angeles.
- July 27, 2016
- METRO LAUNCHES A NEW PILOT CUSTOMER CENTER PROGRAM
To improve service to underserved areas, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today launched a pilot program that brings many Metro products and services to the community through a Mobile Customer Center (MCC).
- July 18, 2016
- Two 60 Freeway On-Ramps to Close for Subsurface Studies as Part of Eastside 2 Project “SR-60” Alternative
As part of the Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2 project Technical Study, Metro is planning to perform a subsurface investigation along SR 60 near the Greenwood Avenue bridge on Tuesday, July 19, and Wednesday 20, 2016. The work is to evaluate the adequacy and integrity of the soil along the freeway for the potential rail line.
- Keywords: 60 freeway
- July 15, 2016
- Twenty-One Women Graduate from Metro/L.A. Trade Tech Construction Boot Camp “Women Build Metro Los Angeles”
Twenty-one women today graduated from the first Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) all-female construction boot camp as part of the Women Build Metro Los Angeles program. Six weeks of training were held at Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) facilities in downtown Los Angeles. The boot camp trained participants on heavy lifting, shoveling and wheelbarrow use among other activities.
- Keywords: women, L.A. Trade Tech, construction, graduate
- July 13, 2016
- Metro Invites Public to Choose Name and Art Work for Regional Connector Tunnel Boring Machine that will Excavate Twin Tunnels for the Project
The public is invited to help choose a name and art work for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Regional Connector Transit Project’s tunnel boring machine (TBM) that later this year will begin digging twin tunnels for the project.
- Keywords: regional connector, tbm
- July 12, 2016
- Even Pokémon GO Metro
It seems as if the entire world is now playing Pokémon GO, the new game that allows participants to hunt virtual Pokémon in the real world with their smart phones. Plenty of transit riders are also hopping on board Metro with Pokémon often appearing on buses, trains and in stations.
- Keywords: pokemon go, go metro, fun and games
- July 07, 2016
- Bike Sharing Comes to Downtown L.A. Hundreds of Bicyclists Converge on Downtown Streets as Metro and City of Los Angeles Launch Long-Awaited, Innovative Bike Share Program
Los Angeles has officially joined the bike share revolution. At noon today, hundreds of people who live, work, and play in L.A. converged in Grand Park to launch Metro Bikes, an eagerly anticipated, groundbreaking new bike sharing network that will consist of up to 1,000 shared bicycles at up to 65 stations throughout the downtown area.
- Keywords: bike share, metro bike