- April 29, 2016
- Metro to Offer Free Rides, Station Celebrations as Part of the Grand Opening of Expo Line to Santa Monica on May 20, 21
As part of the celebrations for the opening of the Expo Line to Santa Monica on Friday, May 20, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will offer free rides on Friday and Saturday and will hold station celebrations on Saturday, May 21.
- Keywords: more to explore, expo line
- April 28, 2016
- Cell Service Now Available to Verizon Customers in Metro Subway Stations and Tunnels along the Red/Purple Lines
Verizon First Provider to Launch
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with InSite Wireless Group and Verizon now provides the first phase of underground wireless service for Verizon customers on the Metro Red/Purple Lines between Union Station and 7th Street/Metro Center Station in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: cell service
- April 22, 2016
- Metro Invites Students to Participate in Naming and Artwork Contest as new Regional Connector Tunnel Boring Machine arrives in Downtown LA
The tunnel boring machine (TBM) that will be used to dig twin underground tunnels for the Regional Connector Transit Project has arrived in downtown Los Angeles. After several months of refurbishing and testing, the 22-foot-tall machine was loaded on a barge in Tacoma, Washington, and set sail for the Port of Long Beach earlier this month. Segments of the machine have now arrived and have been transported at night to a construction holding area near Little Tokyo.
- Keywords: regional connector, tunnel boring machine
- April 20, 2016
- Metro Receives FTA Grants for Zero-Emission Electric Buses for the Metro Orange Line and Funding to Replace the Ferry Terminal on Catalina Island
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has received $8 million in grants from the Federal Transportation Administration that will be used to deploy zero-emission electric buses on the Orange Line and replace the ferry terminal on Catalina Island.
- Keywords: Grants, Zero emissions, Electric buses, Ferry terminal
- April 15, 2016
- MEASURE R CONTRIBUTING MORE THAN 400,000 JOBS AND $80 BILLION TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ECONOMY
An updated estimate on the economic impacts of Measure R, the voter-approved half-cent sales tax, projects the initiative will contribute 426,980 jobs and $80.7 billion in economic output and $27.1 billion in labor income across the five-county Southern California region over the 30-year life of the tax measure, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) said today.
- Keywords: measure R
- April 07, 2016
- Metro Opens Red Line Universal City Station Pedestrian Bridge Today
As another example of ongoing efforts to make travel easier, safer and more convenient for patrons, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today opened the Red Line to Universal Studios Hollywood pedestrian bridge, just in time for opening day of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction.
- Keywords: pedestrian bridge, universal studios