- January 28, 2016
- LA Metro CEO Delivers Annual State of the Agency Report
LA Metro CEO Phillip Washington today delivered his first annual State of the Agency report to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors calling the agency sound, with many challenges ahead. However, Washington said those challenges are being addressed and the many opportunities that lie ahead of the agency are achievable.
- Keywords: state of the agency, phil washington, metro ceo
- January 27, 2016
- METRO GOLD LINE FOOTHILL EXTENSION OPENING MARCH 5 WILL BRING NEW WAY TO EXPLORE A WEALTH OF SAN GABRIEL VALLEY DESTINATIONS BY TRAIN
LOS ANGELES, CA – When the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) opens the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension project on March 5, 2016, the new light rail extension will add six new stations that will provide connections to a wealth of destinations throughout San Gabriel Valley.
- Keywords: gold line foothill extension; gold line; destinations; san gabriel valley
- January 27, 2016
- LA METRO’S PHILLIP A. WASHINGTON HONORED AS CEO WHO “GETS IT”
The National Safety Council (NSC) has named LA Metro CEO Phillip A. Washington one of seven chief executives of major corporations and public agencies on its list 2016 CEOs Who “Get It,” presented annually to leaders who demonstrate continued and outstanding dedication to employee safety and well-being both on and off the job.
- Keywords: Metro CEO
- January 20, 2016
- Bus Shuttles and Expo Line Trains Replace Blue Line Service Between Downtown L.A. and Vernon Station This Weekend
Three Metro Blue Line stations—Grand/LATTC, San Pedro Street and Washington—will be closed, and there will be no Blue Line trains between 7th Street/Metro Center and Vernon Station, beginning this Friday, January 22 at 9 p.m. through Sunday, January 24. Closure of the tracks will allow crews to perform weatherizing work on the Blue Line along Washington Boulevard, in order to ensure safe, on-time, reliable service during El Niño storms.
- Keywords: blue line upgrades
- January 15, 2016
- GO METRO TO THE 31ST ANNUAL KINGDOM DAY PARADE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 18
- Metro entry to parade will be replica of the Rosa Park bus in honor of the 61th anniversary of her historic stand.
L.A. Metro will be joining the communities of south L.A. to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the 31st annual Kingdom Day Parade on Monday, January 18. To avoid traffic and detours because of the parade, parade-goers are encouraged to take the Metro Expo Line which runs a few blocks north of the parade route.
- Keywords: mlk day; martin luther king jr; crenshaw LAX