- June 30, 2015
- CALIFORNIA STATE TRANSPORTATION AGENCY NAMES L.A. METRO TO RECEIVE NEARLY $39 MILLION GRANT FOR WILLOWBROOK/ROSA PARKS STATION, OTHER METRO BLUE LINE IMPROVEMENTS
The California State Transportation Agency today announced that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has been selected to receive $38.5 million in “Cap and Trade” grant funds to revitalize the Willowbrook/Rosa Parks Metro Blue/Green Line station in Southeast Los Angeles, as well as to make other Metro Blue Line improvements.
- Keywords: blue line upgrades
- June 26, 2015
- Metro Launches Eat, Shop, Play in Five Los Angeles Neighborhoods
Metro’s Eat, Shop, Play (ESP) campaign kicks off today its activities in Inglewood with a Lunch Meet-Up at Orleans & York Deli http://orleansandyorkdeli.com/ in Inglewood, (400 E. Florence Ave, Inglewood) from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- June 26, 2015
- Metro Invites Small Businesses Along Three Rail Construction Project Corridors to Participate in Metro’s Business Interruption Fund Workshop
Metro will be hosting a pilot Business Interruption Fund (BIF) workshop series for three Metro Rail construction projects areas starting Tuesday, June 30, in the Little Tokyo area of the Regional Connector, Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project corridor during July and the Purple Line Extension in Sept. 2015.
- Keywords: Metro, Small Businesses, Rail Construction Project Corridors, Participate, Business InterruptionFund Workshop
- June 26, 2015
- Century Boulevard Near LAX may close as early as July 6 for nightly construction activities on Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
Century Boulevard near LAX may be closed as early as Monday, July 6 between Aviation Boulevard and Bellanca Avenue so that framing installation for the new bridge can take place without danger to vehicles passing beneath. This work is necessary to support the aerial Aviation/Century station.
- Keywords: Century Boulevard, LAX, close, early as July 6, nightly construction activities, Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
- June 24, 2015
- Metro Invites Students to Participate in Contest to Name and Create Art for New Crenshaw/LAX Tunnel Boring Machine
Metro is inviting students from kindergarten through 12th grade to participate in a naming and illustration contest for the new Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) that will dig twin tunnels to connect three underground stations of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project.
- Keywords: students, contest, name, create art, new tunnel boring machines
- June 18, 2015
- Metro Encourages Commuters to Try Transit on Dump the Pump Day
Time for commuters to divorce the single person automobile
With gasoline prices fluctuating wildly above and below $4 per gallon this spring, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) stresses now is the perfect time for commuters to dissolve their marriage with the single person automobile and try bus, rail, vanpool bicycling and walking to discover how much money and time can be saved compared to driving. National Dump the Pump Day, June 18, 2015, highlights an array of mobility options to help people save money on their daily commute.
- Keywords: dump the pump
- June 15, 2015
- L.A. Metro, LA2015 Join Forces to Encourage use of Metro Bus and Rail Service for 2015 Special Olympics World Games in L.A. July 25 to August 2
Up to half a million spectators expected to attend L.A. area Games
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced that it has joined forces with organizers of the 2015 Special Olympics World Games (LA2015) to encourage Metro Bus and Rail services to and from major sporting events now planned in the Greater L.A. area July 25 to August 2, 2015.
- Keywords: special olympics, world games, Go Metro
- June 12, 2015
- Metro Releases Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Regional Connector Transit Corridor Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) have prepared and released for public review a Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (DSEIS) for the Regional Connector Transit Corridor Project, an underground light rail system under construction that will connect the existing Metro Gold, Blue and Expo lines in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: regional connector,