- May 29, 2015
- Los Angeles Metro Partners with Zipcar for More Car Sharing Locations on Transit Lines
In an effort to help enhance mobility, provide Los Angeles transit customers with more transportation options and improve first mile-last mile connectivity to Metro stops, Zipcar, the world’s leading car sharing network, and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) have entered into a partnership to provide vehicles for hourly or daily reservations at ten Metro park-and-ride locations.
- Keywords: zipcar, first mile last mile, car share
- May 28, 2015
- Metro Board Adopts New FY 2016 Budget
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today approved a new $5.56 billion FY 2016 Budget following a public hearing that was held last week and community input as part of the budget process.
- Keywords: FY16, budget
- May 22, 2015
- New Countywide “Don’t Be Silent” Campaign Supports Fight Against Human Sex Trafficking
Los Angeles County Supervisor and Metro Board Member Don Knabe joined L.A. County Supervisors and Metro Board Members Mark Ridley-Thomas and Hilda Solis, Metro Board Member Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Metro CEO Phil Washington, L.A. County Sheriff Jim McDonnell, and advocacy group Peace Over Violence today to ask the public to speak out against human sex trafficking and to reiterate their collective efforts to crack down on the demand-side of the illicit child sex trafficking industry and announce the launch of an updated Countywide Metro and billboard awareness campaign.
- Keywords: human trafficking, don't be silent, awareness
- May 13, 2015
- Thursday, May 14 is “Bike to Work Day”
On Bike to Work Day, Thursday, May 14, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Metro will offer free rides to bicyclists on Metro buses and trains throughout Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: Bike Week, Bike Metro
- May 13, 2015
- Metro Board Holds Public Hearing on Proposed FY 16 Budget on May 20
Metro will hold a public hearing on its proposed Fiscal Year 2016 budget (FY16) on Wednesday, May 20 to receive public input on a proposed $5.56 billion budget. The hearing will be held as part of the Board’s Finance and Budget Committee starting at 1 p.m. at Metro’s headquarters building located at One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor Board Room, in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: FY16, budget, public hearing