- March 23, 2015
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Bus Service from Union Station and the Harbor Gateway Transit Center to Dodger Stadium set to run during 2015 Dodger Games
Metro will offer Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium beginning on Saturday, April 4 for the Dodgers/Angels exhibition game and throughout the 2015 regular season under a grant approved by the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC). The Dodgers’ 2015 season kicks off on Opening Day against the San Diego Padres on Monday, April 6
- Keywords: Dodger, Stadium, Express Bus, Service, Union Station
- March 20, 2015
- Metro Highlights Bus Operator Safety with Engineering, Education and Enforcement Campaign
To improve safety and security for employees and passengers, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today introduced engineering, educational and law enforcement enhancements that promise to reduce incidents of assaults against Metro’s 4,000 bus operators and improve security for passengers.
- Keywords: operator safety, Metro Bus, mutual respect
- March 19, 2015
- L.A. Metro to Implement Bus Detours, Add Longer Red Line Trains and Add Metro Orange Line Service for CicLAvia Sunday, March 22
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will implement bus line detours, provide longer Metro Red Line trains and increase Metro Orange Line service in support of “Metro Presents CicLAvia – The Valley” this Sunday, March 22.
- Keywords: ciclavia, Sunday, detours
- March 12, 2015
- Mayor Garcetti Announces Phillip Washington as New Metro CEO
L.A. Mayor and Metro Chair Eric Garcetti today announced that the Metro Board has appointed Phillip Washington as the new CEO of Metro.
- Keywords: Metro CEO
- March 09, 2015
- Road detours to accommodate excavation, decking of second Crenshaw/LAX underground light-rail station to begin March 15
The Crenshaw/MLK station -- the second underground station to be built for the Crenshaw/LAX light-rail project--, will begin excavation and decking operations at 9 p.m. Sunday, March 15, requiring full closure of Crenshaw Boulevard between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Stocker Street and from 43rd Street to Vernon Avenue for 12 consecutive days and nights. (Crenshaw, between Stocker Street and 43rd Street will remain open.)
- Keywords: crenshaw/lax
- March 04, 2015
- Metro Celebrates L.A. Fashion Week with Free Red Line Art Tour
Celebrate L.A. Fashion Week by touring artworks along the Metro Red Line on Saturday, Mar. 14! The free, one-day only tour will include visits to Faith Ringgold’s PEOPLE PORTRAITS: in CREATIVITY; PERFORMING; SPORTS and FASHION at Civic Center/Grand Park Stationand Tyree Guyton’s People in Motion at Vermont/Beverly Station. The tour will be led by fashion industry insider Jay Carlile of Beverly Hills, who will discuss fashions depicted in the artworks along with historic L.A. trends.
- Keywords: metro art, art tour, fashion week, dtla
- March 03, 2015
- Metro Rail is your Ticket to see the ASICS LA Marathon Sunday, March 15
The ASICS Los Angeles Marathon returns on Sunday, March 15 with the "Stadium to the Sea" course running once again from Dodger Stadium near downtown Los Angeles to Santa Monica and your best ticket to see all the racing action is to use the Metro Rail system.
- Keywords: LA marathon, bus detours, go metro