- December 26, 2014
- L.A. Metro to provide train service to all Tournament of Roses® celebrations
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will mark its 11th official year of Metro Rail service to the 2015 Tournament of Roses Parade® celebrations this New Year's Day, providing public transportation directly to the world-renowned Pasadena parade events.
- Keywords: L.A., Metro, Tournament of Roses®, celebration,
- December 22, 2014
- Newest Edition of Metro Motion Tells Us What L.A. Traffic Reporters Think Could Improve Regional Mobility
In this edition, Metro Motion takes to the air to experience what L.A. traffic reporters see in dark and daylight. What's the best day to drive? What's the worst? They reveal secrets for navigating our chronically congested region and how they think Metro is affecting mobility.
- Keywords: Metro Motion,
- December 16, 2014
- One More Week Needed to Complete Decking for Future Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Underground Station
Due to recent rains the detour on Crenshaw Boulevard for construction of the Crenshaw/Expo underground station will need to be extended for an additional week in January. The extra time is required so that the decking can be completed for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Expo station.
- Keywords: Crenshaw Transit Corridor, crenshaw blvd, Crenshaw/LAX,
- December 12, 2014
- L.A. Metro to Debut "Valley-Westside Express" Non-stop Bus Service Utilizing I-405 Carpool Lanes Through the Sepulveda Pass
New service can save transit riders 20 minutes each way
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced that it will launch a brand new "Valley-Westside Express" bus service beginning Monday, December 15 to provide transit riders with a faster, easier way to travel between the San Fernando Valley and West Los Angeles.
- Keywords: I-405, Valley Westside Express,
- December 11, 2014
- Metro to Offer Special Holiday Free Fares Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
Get home safely by letting Metro do the driving. Metro will once again offer a special holiday free rides on all Metro Bus and Rail lines operating on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Keywords: free fares, holiday service, New Year's Eve fares, Christmas Eve,
- December 05, 2014
- Metro to Implement Bus Changes Effective Sunday, December 14
New Valley-Westside Express Service to Debut
Starting December 14, Metro will make minor changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Metro bus service throughout the region. In the San Fernando Valley, Metro will introduce a new express service between the Valley and the Westside, which is complimented by the modification of three Metro Rapid and two Local Valley lines. For complete details, look for revised timetables on metro.net or on buses during December.
- Keywords: Service Changes, bus scehdules,
- December 03, 2014
- Free Film Screening of ‘The Wizard of Oz’ at Union Station Saturday, Dec. 20
Arrive early to participate in a costume contest and dine at food trucks
Celebrate the holiday season with a free, all-ages screening of the beloved, classic film 'The Wizard of Oz' at Union Station on Saturday, Dec. 20. The screening will take place inside the station's majestic Historic Ticketing Hall and is the finale to the station's milestone 75th anniversary celebration and a part of Metro Presents, a series of free arts and cultural programs at the iconic station.
- Keywords: Metro Presents, union station 75, union, film,
- December 03, 2014
- L.A. Metro Seeks Additional Public Input for Potential Bikesharing Throughout Los Angeles County
Help Build L.A. County Bike Sharing
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced it is seeking additional public suggestions on new potential bike share areas throughout Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: Bike Share, public input,