- October 30, 2014
- Six Blue Line Stations in Long Beach to Close on Four Weekends
To continue the $1.2 billion overhaul of the Metro Blue Line, the region's oldest light rail system, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) plans four weekend closures that will affect travelers to Long Beach.
- Keywords: Blue Line Upgrades,
- October 30, 2014
- L.A. Metro Restores Historic Lankershim Depot in North Hollywood
Valley Transit Landmark Gets 'Extreme Makeover'
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced that it has completed a $3.6 million restoration phase for the historic Lankershim Depot near the Metro Orange and Red Lines in North Hollywood.
- Keywords: Lankershim, North Hollywood Depot,
- October 29, 2014
- L.A. Metro to Host Three Project Information Meetings in November for East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project
- Meetings to be held at locations along the corridor on November 6, 12 & 13.
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host a series of informational meetings beginning November 6, 2014 to update the community on the status of the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project.
- Keywords: East San Fernando Valley, public meetings,
- October 23, 2014
- Metro Board Awards Business Solution Center Contract to Del Richardson & Associates, Inc. for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
In another unprecedented step today the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors awarded a two-year contract for $646,462 to Del Richardson & Associates, Inc. (DRA) to operate Metro's pilot Business Solution Center (BSC) to help small businesses impacted by Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project construction. The contract includes two one-year options for $349,682 for total of $996,144.
- Keywords: Crenshaw Transit Corridor, Small Businesses,
- October 17, 2014
- Metro Unveils New Rail Car for Expanding Metro System
Vanguard of the Expanding Rail Fleet
To continue unprecedented growth in public transportation in the region and to fulfill the promise made to voters when they passed Measure R in 2008, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today unveiled the first of 78 light rail cars for use on the expanding Metro Rail system.
- Keywords: Kinkisharyo, rail cars,
- October 15, 2014
- Go Metro to Dia de los Muertos Celebrations Around Los Angeles
Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a time to honor the lives of those who have passed and celebrate the cycle of life. There are various Día de los Muertos events and celebrations taking place at cultural landmarks around Los Angeles, and Metro is the best way to get to them.
- Keywords: Go Metro, Destination Discounts, dia de los muertos, Day of the Dead,
- October 13, 2014
- Free Metro Gold Line Art Tour Leads to Self Help Graphics’ Legendary Day of the Dead Celebration in Boyle Heights Nov. 2
Celebrate life and honor the lives of those who have passed with Metro on a special Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) themed art tour on Sunday, Nov. 2. The free, one-night-only tour will explore artworks in the Metro system through the lens of artist Consuelo Flores. The tour will depart at 4:30 p.m. from the Metro Gold Line East LA Civic Center Station and end at 6 pm. at Self Help Graphics' 41st Annual Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Celebration.
- Keywords: Metro Art Tours, Day of the Dead,
- October 13, 2014
- Rodeo Road at Crenshaw Boulevard set to close for two weeks beginning Friday, Oct. 24
Metro's contractor for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Walsh/Shea Corridor Contractor (WSCC), will implement a full street closure at Rodeo Road and Crenshaw Boulevard for 14 consecutive days beginning Friday, Oct. 24, to finish construction of the wall perimeter for the future underground Crenshaw/Expo light rail station.
- Keywords: Crenshaw LAX, Crenshaw/LAX, Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Project, Street Closures,
- October 10, 2014
- Metro Presents: Free Live Music and Dance Performances at Union Station
Three Metro Presents events are scheduled to take place at Los Angeles Union Station on Friday, Oct. 24, Wednesday, Oct. 29 and Wednesday, Nov. 5.
- Keywords: Metro Presents, Go Metro, Go Metro,