- August 29, 2013
- Metro Launches New Public Information Effort
Do you know that the I-5 Freeway is being widened between the I-605 and the Orange County Line? If you live near there you do because you've encountered the construction. But if you don't travel that way, how would you know?
- Keywords: projects, public information
- August 28, 2013
- Metro to Run Late Night Service on Sunday, Sept. 1st
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will be running extended late night service on Sunday, September 1st for Labor Day Sunday. Weekend service will run on Monday, September 2nd.
- Keywords: Labor Day service, late night service
- August 23, 2013
- Northbound I-405 Freeway Closure Between Getty and Greenleaf/Ventura Planned Saturday Night, August 24
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements contractor will be removing the falsework on the Mulholland Bridge in the Sepulveda Pass on Saturday, August 24. This will require a full northbound directional freeway closure from Getty to Greenleaf/Ventura Boulevard from 11 p.m. until 9 a.m. Sunday morning. The southbound I-405 HOV, #1 and #2 lanes also will be closed to provide a work buffer at the same time.
- Keywords: I-405 sepulveda pass project, ramp closures, Mulholland Bridge
- August 20, 2013
- Metro Rail to Offer Extended Late-Night Service for FYF Fest
Metro will offer extended late-night Metro Rail service on Sunday, Aug. 25 for attendees of the tenth annual FYF Fest Saturday, Aug. 24 and Sunday, Aug. 25 at Los Angeles Historic State Park, just a short walk from the Metro Gold Line Chinatown Station.
- Keywords: FYF Fest, extended Metro Rail schedule, LA Historic State Park
- August 15, 2013
- Eastbound Wilshire On-Ramp to Northbound I-405 to close for 90 Days Starting Aug. 22
Rebuilt On-Ramp to have Nearly 300% Greater Capacity
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to begin a 90-day closure of the eastbound Wilshire Boulevard on-ramp to northbound I-405 in West Los Angeles beginning Thursday, August 22, 2013. It is the last extended ramp closure that will be required for the Wilshire Interchange, as well as the last of its kind for the entire freeway improvements project.
- Keywords: I-405 sepulveda pass project, ramp closures, caltrans
- August 09, 2013
- Directional I-405 Freeway Closures Through the Sepulveda Pass Planned Aug. 10, 17, 24
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements contractor will be removing falsework on the Mulholland Bridge in the Sepulveda Pass on Saturday nights over the next three weekends. This will require full directional freeway closures from Valley Vista Drive to Skirball Center Drive between the hours of 10 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- Keywords: Directional I-405 Freeway Closures Sepulveda Pass
- August 06, 2013
- Walk, Bike or Ride Back to School with Safe Routes, School Pools and Student TAP
Another summer gone, another school year set to begin. Don't let increased traffic and high gas prices ruin the experience. Metro has solutions that make going back to school easy, including the Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Pilot Program, which will help students learn to walk and bike safely to school.
- Keywords: student TAP card, School Pool, back to school, Safe Routes to School
- August 05, 2013
- Metro to Host Free Performance by GG NineNet Jazz Band at Historic Union Station August 16
GG NineNet jazz band will hold a free performance at Union Station on Friday, August 16, 2013. The performance is part of Metro's new program of arts and cultural events for the iconic station in anticipation of its 75th anniversary celebration in 2014.
- Keywords: Union Station, Metro Art
- August 05, 2013
- Metro Gate Latching at 7th/Metro Signals End of First Phase
The first phase of gate latching throughout the 16-station Metro's Red/Purple line concludes today with operations at the 7th Street/Metro Center subway station, a process that began June 19 at Union Station to bring greater convenience, accountability and efficiency to all Metro riders.
- August 01, 2013
- Metro Union Station Master Plan Advances -- Public Invited to Comment on Updated Concepts
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today released refined concepts for the Union Station master plan that reflect public input to date and continued technical analysis for the evolution of the station as a transportation hub and an iconic destination. A public meeting will be held tonight at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in downtown Los Angeles to discuss the current concepts and continue the public dialogue.
- Keywords: union station master plan, community workshop, public input