- March 29, 2013
- Three Consecutive Northbound I-405 On-Ramps in West L.A. Planned for Intermittent Closure Beginning Monday Night, April 1, 2013
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to close three consecutive Northbound I-405 on-ramps intermittently in West Los Angeles between Monday, April 1 and Friday, June 28, 2013.
- Keywords: I-405, "Sepulveda Pass" construction "405 freeway" 405 "West L.A." on-ramps
- March 29, 2013
- Southbound I-405 Freeway Closure between U.S. 101 and Getty Center Drive Ramps Planned Monday Night, April 1, 2013
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to implement a full directional southbound I-405 freeway closure for approximately four miles between the U.S. 101 freeway and Getty Center Dr. ramps on the night of Monday, April 1, 2013.
- Keywords: I-405, "Sepulveda Pass" construction "405 freeway" 405 "Mulholland Bridge"
- March 28, 2013
- Metro Offers Dodger Stadium Express Bus Service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium during Regular Season 2013 Dodger Games
For the fourth year in a row, Metro will again offer Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium beginning on Friday, March 29 for the Dodgers/Angels exhibition game and throughout the 2013 regular season under a grant approved by the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC). The Dodgers’ 2013 season kicks off on Opening Day against the San Francisco Giants on Monday, April 1.
- Keywords: "Dodger Express" Dodgers Metrolink MSRC
- March 20, 2013
- Metro ExpressLanes Reach Major Milestone with 125,000 FasTrak Transponders Issued; More Retail Outlets now Offer ExpressLanes Transponders
I-110 ExpressLanes Preliminary Three Month Performance Report Available Online
Metro ExpressLanes now in operation along the I-110 Harbor Freeway and the I-10 San Bernardino Freeway reached a major milestone this week with more than 125,000 FasTrak® Transponders now issued to motorist taking advantage of increased travel speeds along these two heavily traveled corridors.
- Keywords: "Metro ExpressLanes" ExpressLanes FasTrak transponders I-10 I-110
- March 20, 2013
- Northbound I-405 Freeway Closure between Getty Center Drive and U.S. 101 Planned Saturday Night, March 23
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to implement a full directional northbound I-405 freeway closure for approximately four miles between the Getty Center Dr. ramps to the 101 freeway on the night of Saturday, March 23, 2013.
- Keywords: Getty Centerclosure between I-405 freeway and U.S 101
- March 18, 2013
- Metro Launches Bold New Campaign to Increase Bicycle Safety in L.A. County
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is launching a bold new campaign to increase bicycle safety in Los Angeles County. The campaign, called "Every Lane is a Bike Lane ... Bicyclists may need a full lane; Please share the road" will include messages on the back of 75 Metro buses, 135 billboards and spots on 21 local radio stations throughout the region. The campaign will run between March and May, leading up to Bike Week L.A. May 13-17
- Keywords: bike "bicycle traffic safety" "bike lane" "bike safety"
- March 15, 2013
- Metro Blue Line Safety Event Focuses On Suicides, Distracted Behavior
Metro officials, suicide prevention experts, law enforcement and passenger safety ambassadors, today held a press conference to focus on suicides and accidents on the Metro Blue Line involving pedestrians who ignore and go around gates and other safety warning devices with tragic consequences.
- Keywords: Metro Blue Line safety suicide prevention
- March 12, 2013
- Metro to Hold series of Public Hearings March 18 & 19 and April 16 on Unmet Public Transit Needs for the North County and the City of Avalon
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will be holding a series of Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 8 public hearings for the use of TDA Article 8 funds in the North County and the City of Avalon.
- Keywords: TDA public hearings North County City of Avalon
- March 11, 2013
- Take a Bus Ride from Hollywood to Africa on the Newest Edition of the Metro Motion TV Show
In the newest edition of Metro Motion we hop on the Fairfax Avenue bus for a trip from Hollywood to Little Ethiopia, where there's a colorful gathering of establishments as bright as the African sun.
- Keywords: "metro motion" "L.A. River Bike RIde"
- March 08, 2013
- Southbound I-405 Closure between 101 and Getty Center Dr. Ramps Planned March 9, 2013
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements contractor is scheduled to implement a full southbound-only freeway closure for approximately four miles between the U.S. 101 and Getty Center Drive ramps on the night of Saturday, March 9, 2013 to construct falsework for the Mulholland Bridge in the Sepulveda Pass.
- Keywords: Southbound I-405 Closure between 101, Getty Center Dr. Ramps
- March 07, 2013
- Metro to hold scoping meetings for East San Fernando Valley Transportation Coridor Project March 16 - 27
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold several public scoping meetings March 16 to 27 for the East San Fernando Valley Transportation Corridor Project, and invites public participation and input as the project moves into its formal environmental review process.
- Keywords: East San Fernando Valley Transportation Coridor Project scoping meetings
- March 07, 2013
- Metro to Run Free Shuttle from Culver City Station to Santa Monica Sunday, March 17 as Travel Option for Passengers Affected by L.A. Marathon Bus Detours; 51 Bus Lines to be Detoured
This year's L.A. Marathon will take place Sunday, March 17. Metro is making it easier than ever for viewers to go cheer on the runners with nine Metro Rail stops along the race course.
- Keywords: L.A. Marathon, Metro Rail stops, Santa Monica
- March 04, 2013
- Metro Launches Campaign to Increase Bicycle Traffic Safety
Metro is launching a bold new campaign to increase bicycle traffic safety in Los Angeles County. The campaign will include signs on buses, billboards and radio spots with the message "Every Lane is a Bike Lane ... Bicyclists may need a full lane; Please share the road." The ads will run from March to May, leading up to Bike Week May 13 through 17.
- Keywords: bike "bicycle traffic safety" "bike lane" "Bike Week"
- March 04, 2013
- 14-Day Closure of Key Wilshire/I-405 Off-Ramp Planned Beginning March 8, 2013
As part of its continuing work to improve the Wilshire/I-405 Interchange, The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project plans to close the southbound I-405 off-ramp to westbound Wilshire Boulevard for two weeks beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, March 8, 2013. The new ramp is scheduled to open by 6 a.m. Friday, March 22.
- Keywords: I-405, "Sepulveda Pass" construction "405 freeway" 405 off-ramp Wilshire