- December 28, 2012
- Newest Edition of Metro Motion Visits "Old" and "Future" L.A., and Takes a Ride in the Brand New ExpressLanes … Passing Cars Along the Way
In the newest edition of Metro Motion, now running on television and the web, you can take a ride in the brand new 110 Harbor Freeway ExpressLanes -- passing slower cars along the way. ExpressLanes is the one-year demonstration project that will cut traffic congestion by converting 25 miles of existing carpool lanes on the 10 and 110 freeways into high-occupancy toll lanes. And along the I-10, there's a tour of the beautiful new El Monte Station -- a green gem loaded with eco-friendly features from top to bottom.
- Keywords: "metro motion" ExpressLanes Hollywood "El Monte Station"
- December 21, 2012
- Construction to restrict daytime access to the Patsaouras Transit Plaza and East Portal parking structure of Union Station on Saturday, Dec. 29.
Weather permitting: Construction to replace cooling towers on the highrise rooftop of the Metro Headquarters in downtown Los Angeles will restrict access to the Patsaouras Transit Plaza and parking structure at the East Portal entrance to Union Station from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 29. Cesar Chavez Avenue and Vignes Street adjacent to the Metro Headquarters building will be closed during that time. Enter to park at Union Station on Alameda Street.
- Keywords: "Union Station" "gateway transit center" "east portal" flyaway megabus "bus plaza" patsaouras
- December 19, 2012
- Metro to Operate Holiday Schedule Tuesday, Dec. 25 Christmas Day
All Metro Buses and Metro Rail trains will be operating on a Sunday schedule on Tuesday, December 25, Christmas Day.
- Keywords: Metro operate holiday schedule Christmas day
- December 18, 2012
- Go Metro, Metrolink to 2013 Tournament of Roses® celebrations
For those planning to attend the 2013 Tournament of Roses Parade® celebrations in Pasadena, Metro and Metrolink services are great ways to avoid the costs of parking and hassles of traffic in Pasadena.
- Keywords: Metro, Metrolink, Tournament of Roses®
- December 14, 2012
- Milestone: L.A. Metro officially begins utility relocation work for major light rail project in downtown L.A.
In the latest milestone toward the delivery of Measure R transit projects to county residents, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today officially began advance utility relocation work for the Regional Connector, a major light rail project in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: "Regional Connector" "Measure R"
- December 10, 2012
- Get Home Safe on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve with Metro
In keeping with tradition, Metro will once more be offering free rides this Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve to provide safe transportation and reduce holiday traffic congestion. No fare will be charged on all Metro Rail and Bus lines starting at 9 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 24 until 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and 9 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 31 until 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- Keywords: "free rides" holidays "christmas eve" new year's eve" "rose parade"
- December 07, 2012
- Public invited to share ideas for bus service improvements at special Metro Westside/Central Service Council December meeting / Corridor Workshop in West Hollywood
The public is invited to provide input to the Metro Westside/Central Service Council at a special meeting to be held on December 12, 2012 at Plummer Park, located at 7377 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood. The meeting will consist of two parts. The December Service Council meeting will begin at 5 pm. At the conclusion of the meeting the Council will host a special corridor workshop focusing on Metro Bus Lines 4 and 704, and Line 16. Lines 4 and 704 provide service between downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica via Santa Monica Blvd., and Line 16 travels between downtown Los Angeles and Century City via 3rd Street.
- Keywords: Metro Westside/Central Service Council meeting
- December 07, 2012
- Metro San Gabriel Valley Service Council will return to meeting site next to El Monte Station, seeks public input on bus service improvements
Metro's San Gabriel Valley Service Council will return the Metro Division 9 Transportation building next to the new El Monte Transit Center, for their next meeting on December 10 at 5 pm. The Council, which holds monthly meetings and public hearings on Metro service provided in cities throughout the San Gabriel Valley, had been meeting at El Monte City Hall East during the reconstruction of El Monte Station.
- Keywords: San Gabriel Valley Service Council meeting site El Monte Station
- December 05, 2012
- On the Move Riders Club Helps Older Adults Ride Public Transportation
Public transportation plays a large role in helping older adults stay mobile. But as much as many of them want to ride buses or trains, trying to figure out routes, times and tickets can sometimes be a little intimidating. That's where On the Move Riders Club comes in.
- Keywords: On the Move Riders Club, Dial-A-Ride, ADA, TAP
- December 04, 2012
- Metro to Enhance Bus Service on Selected Lines Effective Sunday, Dec. 16
Effective Sunday, December 16, Metro will enhance service on selected Metro Bus lines by making some minor changes in an effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Metro bus service.
- Keywords: "L.A. bus service" "bus service" "bus service changes"
- December 03, 2012
- Find Unique Holiday Gifts with Metro
Is there anything worse than dealing with snarled traffic and overcrowded parking lots during the holiday season? Leave stress behind and let Metro do the driving instead. Whether you're trying to find a special gift or looking for a fun holiday activity to enjoy with family and friends, Metro has you covered.
- Keywords: gifts holiday shopping "Third Street Promenade" "Silver King" "The Pike at Rainbow Harbo" Koreatown