- November 28, 2012
- Input wanted: Metro to hold Los Angeles Union Station Master Plan community meeting Dec. 4
The public is invited to attend a community kick-off meeting for the Los Angeles Union Station Master Plan. The meeting will be held Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the 3rd floor Board Room of Metro Headquarters, located at One Gateway Plaza in Los Angeles (90012).
- Keywords: "Union Station" "master plan" USMP
- November 26, 2012
- Metro and Caltrans announce public meetings for the proposed 63-mile High Desert Corridor
The High Desert Corridor project - which is considering a new freeway connecting Highway 14 in Los Angeles County to Highway 18 in San Bernardino County - is evolving to consider a bike path, a green energy production/transmission corridor, and a high-speed rail feeder service connector.
- Keywords: "High Desert Corridor" HDC Caltrans "Antelope Valley" "Victor Valley" Palmdale Lancaster Adelanto Victorville "Apple Valley" "Lake Los Angeles"
- November 20, 2012
- Metro to Operate on Holiday Schedule on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 22
All Metro operated buses and Metro Rail trains that include the Metro Red, Purple, Blue, Green, Expo and Gold Lines trains will be operating on a Sunday schedule on Thursday, November 22, Thanksgiving Day.
- Keywords: Holiday schedule Thanksgiving Day Nov. 22
- November 19, 2012
- First Electronic Metro ExpressLanes Display Message Boards go Live along 14-miles of the I-10 San Bernardino Freeway set to Debut in early 2013
Following on the heels of the successful opening of 11-miles of Metro ExpressLanes along the Harbor Freeway and with more than 50,000 Fastrak® ExpressLanes transponders issued, motorists this week will begin seeing messages on the giant display message boards along the I-10 San Bernardino Freeway in preparation for the opening of the ExpressLanes along this stretch of freeway in early 2013.
- Keywords: FasTrak ExpressLanes "Metro ExpressLanes" caltrans I-110 "Harbor Freeway" I-10 "San Bernardino Freeway"
- November 16, 2012
- Go Metro to the 2012 Hollywood Christmas Parade and Save on Grandstand Parade Tickets
Live from Hollywood on Sunday, Nov. 25: It's the 2012 Hollywood Chrismas Parade benefiting Marine Toys for Tots. The pre-parade spectacular will start at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday and the parade will start at 6 p.m. Go Metro and save on grandstand seat tickets.
- Keywords: "hollywood christmas parade" "Joe Mantegna" "Grauman's Chinese Theatre" "Toys for Tots"
- November 14, 2012
- Metro ridership estimates shows double-digit increase in October reports
Metro systemwide ridership estimates in Los Angeles County rose by double digits in October compared with the same month one year before, according to the latest service performance reports released today. As a recovering economy takes hold, Metro system ridership numbers for October show a continuing increase in weekday boardings.
- Keywords: "bus ridership" "rail ridership" "Los Angeles Metro" "public transportation" "Metro Rail" "Metro Bus" "L.A. County"
- November 14, 2012
- Go Metro to the East LA Safe Connections Festival Saturday, November 17 at East Los Angeles Civic Center
Metro, in partnership with Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina, LA County Fire Department, California Highway Patrol, Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, and LA County Parks and Recreations are sponsoring the East LA Safe Connections Festival on Saturday, November 17, at the East Los Angeles Civic Center. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and can be easily accessed by riding the Metro Gold Line.
- Keywords: "East LA Safe Connections" "gloria molina"
- November 13, 2012
- Milestone: L.A. Metro officially begins utility relocation work for Westside Subway Extension project
Marking the first construction milestone for the long-awaited Westside Subway Extension project, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today officially began utility relocation work in L.A.'s Mid-Wilshire District. The work is a required precursor to future subway construction that will ultimately extend the Metro Purple Line by nine miles to key destinations on the Westside.
- Keywords: "Westside subway" "subway to the sea" "measure r"
- November 09, 2012
- Metro ExpressLanes Set to Open Saturday, Nov. 10; Congestion Reduction Demonstration Project to Ease Commutes on 110 Harbor Freeway
Metro ExpressLanes along the 110 Harbor Freeway, an innovative project to reduce traffic congestion, will open to the public on Saturday, Nov. 10, weather permitting. The opening will mark the debut of Los Angeles County's first HOT (High Occupancy Toll) lanes, which will allow solo drivers who pay an electronic toll to travel in 11 miles of converted carpool lanes on the 110.
- Keywords: FasTrak ExpressLanes "Metro ExpressLanes" caltrans I-110 "Harbor Freeway" 110
- November 08, 2012
- Get Ready for the Holiday Toy Express and Spark of Love, Coming to Union Station on Nov. 16
Metro will be hosting Metrolink's Holiday Toy Express and ABC7's "Spark of Love" Toy Drive on Friday, Nov. 16 at Union Station. Commuters traveling through Union Station that evening are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to donate at platform 7 (tracks 13 and 14), where they will see the dazzling holiday train, Santa, live music and more.
- Keywords: Metrolink "Holiday Toy Express" Santa "toy drive" "Un ion Station"
- November 07, 2012
- Go Metro and Get Green
Green Festival, the nation's largest environmental marketplace, returns to Los Angeles on Saturday, Nov. 17 and Sunday, Nov. 18 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. This unique event features more than 300 eco-friendly businesses, the latest in sustainable products and services, showcases and more.
- Keywords: "Los Angeles Convention Center" "green festival" eco-friendly bicycles eco environmental