- October 31, 2012
- Do you have your transponder yet? Metro ExpressLanes Live Internet Chat This Friday
Have questions or comments about ExpressLanes how they work, who benefits from them or what they will cost those choosing to use them? Then join the live internet chat with Metro ExpressLanes Executive Officer Stephanie Wiggins this Friday, Nov. 2, noon to 1 p.m. The chat can be accessed from the metro.net home page by clicking on the Live Chat icon just below the Trip Planner or by clicking through the rotating Live Chat banner when it appears on the metro.net home page. You also can send in advance questions now to email@example.com.
- Keywords: FasTrak ExpressLanes "live chat" "stephanie wiggins" HOV "harbor freeway" I-110 transponder
- October 30, 2012
- Metro Reaches Milestone of Issuing 20,000 FasTrak® Transponders before the Nov. 10 ExpressLanes Opening on the 110 Harbor Freeway
Reaching another significant milestone in its Congestion Reduction Demonstration Initiative, Metro announced today that it has issued more than 20,000 FasTrak® transponders in advance of the Nov. 10 debut of the Metro ExpressLanes on the 110 Harbor Freeway.
- Keywords: FasTrak transponders Metro ExpressLanes HOT lanes
- October 29, 2012
- Construction of New Division 13 Bus Maintenance and Operations Facility Across from Union Station Underway
Construction of Division 13, a state-of-the-art bus maintenance facility adjacent to Union Station, has recently begun. The project is estimated to take two years to complete and is partially funded by a $52.5 million federal grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Keywords: "bus facility"
- October 24, 2012
- Metro Freeway Crew Cleaning Up Segments of the I-110 and I-710 Freeways
Metro Freeway Crew, a pilot project dedicated toward mitigating graffiti, removing debris and enhancing the landscape on the I-110 and I-710 freeways, officially launched this week. Intended to augment Caltrans efforts along the corridors, the Metro Freeway Crew is focusing on areas of the I-110 between Hill Street and Exposition Boulevard and the I-710 between SR-60 and I-405.
- Keywords: "Metro Freeway Crew" graffiti Caltrans I-110 I-710 freeways
- October 18, 2012
- Metro ExpressLanes Live Internet Chat Set for Noon Friday, Nov. 2
On Nov. 10 the carpool lanes on the I-110 Harbor Freeway will be transformed into High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes and all vehicles traveling in those lanes will need to have a FasTrak® transponder. If you have a question about ExpressLanes, how they work, who benefits from them or what they will cost those choosing to use them, then please join the LIVE CHAT. Send your advance questions and opinions to Metro ExpressLanes Executive Officer Stephanie Wiggins now at firstname.lastname@example.org and join her at noon on Friday, Nov. 2 for a live Internet chat at metro.net.
- Keywords: FasTrak ExpressLanes "live chat" "stephanie wiggins" HOV "harbor freeway" I-110
- October 17, 2012
- Metro ridership continues upward climb in 3rd quarter reports
As gas prices continue to climb and as a recovering economy takes hold, Metro system ridership numbers for September show a continuing increase in weekday boardings.
- Keywords: "bus ridership" "rail ridership" "Los Angeles Metro" "public transportation"
- October 15, 2012
- New Fall Metro Motion TV Show Features Great Ideas for Exploring Los Angeles the Green Way … Via Metro
There's so much to do and see with Metro's expanding service and the latest edition of Metro Motion offers some great ideas for taking advantage of those new services to explore Los Angeles the green way.
- Keywords: "Metro Motion" Chatsworth "orange line"
- October 15, 2012
- Mel, the Metro ExpressLanes Van, Brings FasTrak® Accounts to Commuters with Appearances at College Campuses, Government Offices and Events
Mel, a specially equipped van painted bright green to serve as a visible outreach program, is traveling around the region to bring FasTrak® accounts and transponders to commuters so they will be ready to use the Metro ExpressLanes when the lanes open on the 110 Harbor Freeway on Nov. 10 and on the 10 San Bernardino Freeway early next year.
- Keywords: "FasTrak ExpressLanes" FasTrack "Metro Express Lanes"
- October 10, 2012
- Metro Silver Line and Foothill Silver Streak Riders Can Soon Ride Either Line, Using the Same Ticket and Paying the Same Fare
When was the last time something actually became easier? Soon transit riders will be able to hop aboard either the Metro Silver Line or the Foothill Transit Silver Streak using the same ticket or paying the same fare for travel between the brand new El Monte Station and downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: Metro Silver Line Foothill Silver Streak combined service same fare
- October 10, 2012
- Metro and Elected Officials Dedicate New State-of-the-Art El Monte Station Marking Completion of Construction and Start of Passenger Service
Upgrade and Expansion of New El Monte Station Part of ExpressLanes Project
Metro joined a host of elected and community officials this morning to officially dedicate the completion of the new state-of-the-art El Monte Bus Station that has been totally revamped and expanded and is now set to open to the public on Sunday, Oct. 14.
- Keywords: El Monte bus station energy LEEDS state-of-the-art
- October 10, 2012
- Iconic Sculpture Watches over new El Monte Station
An iconic sculpture by Donald Lipski will welcome transit riders at the new El Monte Station, set to open to the public on October 14. A project of Metro's art program, the artwork provides an aesthetic and contextual landmark at the newly expanded bus hub.
- Keywords: Sculpture El Monte Station Art
- October 09, 2012
- The Big Endeavour: The Space Shuttle’s Final Journey This Weekend
- Go Metro to View Endeavour at Exposition Park
The Space Shuttle Endeavour heads to its new home at the California Science Center this Saturday, Oct. 13. The quickest and easiest way to view the shuttle on its final journey is to hop on the Metro Expo Line to Expo Park, the only mass viewing area where the shuttle will linger for an extended transition period. Those who wish to see Endeavour should gather at about 8 p.m. on Saturday along Bill Robertson Lane. Expo Park is conveniently served by two Metro Rail stations: Expo/Vermont and Expo Park/USC.
- Keywords: Endeavour Space Shuttle Journey Exposition Park