- July 31, 2012
- Employment Journal names Los Angeles Metro 2012 Top Achiever in Supplier Diversity
It's a personal triumph for Metro's Business Outreach Officer Sherman Gay, who strives for maximum small business participation in agency contracts.
- Keywords: "Sherman Gay" "Black EOE Journal" "supplier diversity"
- July 30, 2012
- Metro to Run Special Extended Service on All Rail Lines and Metro Orange Line for HARD Summer Music Festival
Got your tickets to HARD Summer Music Festival yet? If not, you'd better get on it: single day tickets are still available, and Metro is making it easier than ever to attend. The festival will sprawl across the Los Angeles State Historic Park, just a five-minute walk from the Metro Gold Line Chinatown Station. In addition to being so close to a Metro Rail stop, Metro will run special extended rail service the nights of the festival, making sure everyone who attends can get a safe ride home.
- Keywords: special extended service on all rail lines Metro Orange Line HARD Summer Musical Festival
- July 27, 2012
- Metro Launches Expanded Late-Night Weekend Service on all Metro Rail Lines, Metro Orange Line
Los Angeles County Supervisor and Metro Board Chair Michael D. Antonovich today joined Pasadena Councilman Chris Holden, Santa Monica City Council member Pam O'Connor, Pasadena and Hollywood business leaders and workers, and Metro CEO Art Leahy in promoting expanded late-night Metro Rail service on all Metro Rail lines and the Metro Orange Line starting tonight.
- Keywords: "late night" antonovich
- July 25, 2012
- Metro and Caltrans Announce Availability of Metro ExpressLane FasTrak® Transponders for Fall Debut of I-110 Harbor Freeway ExpressLanes; San Bernardino Freeway Metro ExpressLanes Debut Early 2013
With the debut of the Metro ExpressLanes along the I-110 Harbor Freeway poised to open this Fall and Metro ExpressLanes along the San Bernardino Freeway opening in early 2013, Metro and Caltrans officials today announced the opening of the Metro ExpressLanes Customer Walk-in Center in Gardena where the public can open a FasTrak® account and receive a FasTrak® transponder to enable them to enter the Metro ExpressLanes.
- Keywords: expresslanes transponders I-110 "Harbor Freeway" caltrans gardena
- July 19, 2012
- Statewide Advance Notice Motorist Advisory: “Carmageddon II” I-405 Freeway Closure Now Scheduled for September 29-30, 2012
LOS ANGELES (July 19, 2012): The second 10-mile closure of both directions of the I-405 over the Sepulveda Pass, popularly known as "Carmageddon," has now been scheduled for Sept. 29-30, 2012 when contractors will demolish the remaining side of the Mulholland Bridge. Motorists throughout the State of California are advised to "Plan Ahead, Avoid the Area, or Eat, Shop and Play Locally" to avoid generating extreme auto congestion in the project area and throughout the greater Los Angeles region.
- Keywords: I-405, "Sepulveda Pass" construction "405 freeway" 405 "Mulholland Bridge" carmageddon caltrans
- July 16, 2012
- Washington and Flower Expo Line/Blue Line Junction CPUC Directive
Metro CEO Art Leahy
Expo Construction Authority CEO Rick Thorpe
- Keywords: Washington, Flower, Expo Line/Blue Line Junction CPUC Directive
- July 11, 2012
- Study Says Zero-Emission Trucks Could be Part of I-710 Zero-Emission Corridor
A just released study says that zero-emission trucks, such as hybrid-electric trucks receiving power along major roadways (similar to light-rail trains and buses in some cities), could be in demonstration in the next few years and eventually be part of a zero-emission corridor along the busy I-710 Freeway leaving the Ports of Los Angeles.
- Keywords: CALSTART I-710 zero-emissions
- July 09, 2012
- Go Metro to Celebrate National Dance Day at the Opening of Grand Park and Win Prizes!
Grand Park, conveniently served by the Civic Center Red and Purple Line Station, will celebrate the opening of its first two blocks in the heart of downtown Los Angeles with dancing, performances and other family friendly activities July 28 and July 29. Go Metro to the two-day event and be enetered to win a Grand Avenue Prize Package complete with gift cards, hotel stay, VIP passes and theater tickets!
- Keywords: "Grand Park"
- July 02, 2012
- Metro to operate on holiday schedule Wednesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day
All Metro operated buses and Metro Rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule on Wednesday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
- Keywords: Independence Day July 4 holiday schedule
- July 02, 2012
- Innovative New Metro Pass Program for Foster Youths Begins One-Year Test
L.A. County Supervisor and new Metro Board Chair Michael Antonovich was joined today by County and Metro officials and foster youths in announcing an innovative new transit pass program -- the first of its kind in the country -- to benefit young people emerging from the Los Angeles County Foster Care system.
- Keywords: "Youth on the Move" "Mike Antonovich" antonovich "foster care"
- July 01, 2012
- Measure R Project: Federal Transit Administration Grants L.A. Metro Record of Decision for Regional Connector Project
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) has just granted the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) a Record of Decision (ROD) for the $1.37 billion Regional Connector Transit Corridor, officially certifying that the project has now satisfied all federal environmental guidelines.
- Keywords: 'Regional Connector" FTA "Record of Decision"