- May 31, 2012
- Motorists to Begin Seeing First Electronic ExpressLanes Display Message Boards along Harbor Freeway as Project nears Completion for Fall 2012 Debut
Construction work on the Harbor Freeway Transitway portion of the ExpressLanes project is nearing completion with Metro poised to open the first segment of the program to the public later this year.
- Keywords: ExpressLanes toll I-110 "Harbor Freeway Transitway"
- May 29, 2012
- Metro Orange Line Extension to Open June 30 with Free Rides and Celebrations
The Metro Orange Line Extension -- a four-mile addition to the wildly popular Orange Line busway -- will open to the public on Saturday, June 30 with community celebrations and free rides on the extension from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Orange Line Extension is going to connect with Metrolink and Amtrak and in so doing, further expand the regional reach of the fast-growing Metro system. And more great news for Los Angeles: The project is coming in ahead of time and well within budget.
- Keywords: "Chatsworth Metrolink Station" "Orange Line" "Metro Orange Line Extension" Villaraigosa
- May 25, 2012
- Go Metro to Langer’s 65th Anniversary Celebration for a Free Pastrami Sandwich and the Chance to Win a $100 Langer’s Gift Certificate
Iconic Los Angeles landmark Langer's Deli, conveniently close to the Metro Rail Westlake/MacArthur Park Station, will give away free pastrami sandwiches on June 15 and 16 to celebrate its 65th anniversary. The family-owned eatery also is offering Metro riders an exclusive way to participate in the festivities.
- Keywords: Langers "Langer's Deli"
- May 25, 2012
- Metro to operate holiday schedule on Monday, May 28
All Metro Buses and Metro Rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule on May 28, Memorial Day.
- Keywords: "memorial day"
- May 24, 2012
- Metro Board approves remaining phases of Westside Subway Extension Project, including Century City station location
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today voted to approve the remaining portion of the $5.6 billion Westside Subway Extension Project, including the final approval of Metro staff recommendations for a Constellation/Avenue of the Stars subway station in Century City.
- Keywords: "westside subway extension" "Beverly Hills" "Century City" Westwood UCLA VA constellation "avenue of the stars"
- May 24, 2012
- Metro Adopts Fiscal Year 2013 Budget
Metro's Board of Directors today adopted a $4.5 billion budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2012 at the board meeting held May 24 at Metro headquarters.
- Keywords: "Metro FY2013 budget" FY2013 "measure R" expo "orange line" sr-710 expresslanes
- May 23, 2012
- Metro to host SR-710 Study Open House May 30
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold an informational Open House from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30 on the SR-710 Alternative Analysis phase of the SR-710 Study.
- Keywords: "SR-710 Study" Pasadena
- May 23, 2012
- A sweet ride: 14th annual Diamond Awards showcase traffic-busting commuter programs
Los Angeles Metro, Ventura County Transportation Commission and Orange County Transportation Authority officials recognize significant achievements of rideshare programs that ease the workday commute and lighten roadway congestion. Los Angeles World Airports wins the top Corporate Blue Diamond Award for outstanding corporate rideshare leadership at awards ceremony.
- Keywords: "diamond awards" ventura "orange county"
- May 22, 2012
- Metro Gateway Cities Service Council Special Meeting in Bell Gardens on May 24 to Focus on Metro Service; New Construction Careers Policy
Metro's Gateway Cities Service Council, which holds monthly meetings and public hearings on Metro services provided in cities throughout Southeast Los Angeles County, will hold a special meeting on Thursday, May 24 in the City of Bell Gardens.
- Keywords: 'Bell Gardens" "Gateway Cities Service Council"
- May 22, 2012
- Go Metro to L.A. En Vivo Block Party this Memorial Day Weekend
L.A. LIVE is the place to be this Memorial Day Weekend. L.A. En Vivo Block Party takes over the area for a 3-day festival of Latin music and culture. Go Metro and receive a $5 discount on two select concerts.
- Keywords: "en vivo"nokia "LA En Vivo Block Party"
- May 17, 2012
- Metro Bus Service will experience detours in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and downtown Los Angeles on Sunday, May 20 due to Amgen Bike Tour
With so many events happening this weekend at Staples Center and thousands of sports fans converging on downtown Los Angeles, traffic and parking are bound to be a challenge. Stay ahead of the game to avoid the congestion
- Keywords: amgen "staples center" dodgers kings clippers
- May 16, 2012
- LAPD and LASD strictly enforcing traffic laws along the new four-mile Metro Orange Line Extension, opening this summer
Motorists and pedestrians take note: During pre-revenue testing along the Metro Orange Line Extension the Los Angeles Police and County Sheriffs departments are strictly enforcing traffic laws and they will continue to do so after the four-mile busway opens this summer.
- Keywords: "Chatsworth Metrolink Station" "Orange Line" "Metro Orange Line Extension" lasd lapd
- May 16, 2012
- Spring Metro Motion TV Show Celebrates Things to Do Along Expo
In the newest edition of Metro Motion, now running on television and the web, Los Angeles celebrates the opening of the 8-mile Metro Expo light-rail line on opening weekend, as thousands hopped aboard for free rides, many attending community events along the way. Expo brings L.A. County's rail system to 79 miles ... all opened since 1990.
- Keywords: "metro motion" expo
- May 15, 2012
- Go Metro to the Santa Monica Festival and get a chance to win a free bike
What better way to cap off Bike Week L.A. than with a chance at winning a free bike? Go Metro to the 21st annual Santa Monica Festival, present your valid Metro Pass or Metro Rail ticket at the information booth and receive a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a free bicycle or other fabulous prizes.
- Keywords: "Santa Monica Festival" DIY sustainability
- May 14, 2012
- Ride Metro Expo Line to Visit the Legendary Queen of Egypt
Thousands of years ago Cleopatra "ruled the men who ruled the world" and now she's taken over the California Science Center near the Metro Expo Line Expo Park/USC Station.
- Keywords: cleopatra "California Science Center" "Cleopatra: The Exhibition"
- May 11, 2012
- 90-Day Closure of Two I-405 Freeway Ramps at Wilshire Boulevard Planned Beginning June 22, 2012
Los Angeles, Calif. - Plan Ahead, Adjust Travel Times, or Share the Ride. That's the new message public officials are advising motorists in the greater West Los Angeles region to help reduce severe congestion resulting from the first extended, 90-day closures of key Wilshire on- and off-ramps to the I-405 now scheduled to officially begin Friday, June 22, 2012.
- Keywords: I-405, "Sepulveda Pass" construction "405 freeway" 405 "wilshire ramps" wilshire 'freeway ramps"
- May 10, 2012
- Metro to host a SR-710 study series of six open houses during the month of May
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host a series of six open houses for the SR-710 Study during the last two weeks of May. The SR-710 study is a process to conduct alternative analyses, conceptual and preliminary engineering, technical assessments, project report preparation and environmental studies to address the congestion within the study area of the western San Gabriel Valley and east/northeast Los Angeles.
- Keywords: SR710 710 "710 freeway" "measure r" pasadena caltrans "San Gabriel Valley"
- May 08, 2012
- Metro to Hold Budget Workshop, Public Hearing Wednesday, May 16, on Proposed FY13 Budget
Metro will conduct a budget workshop and public hearing on a proposed $4.5 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2013 on Wednesday, May 16, at 2:30 p.m. in the third floor Board room at Metro Headquarters, One Gateway Plaza, Cesar Chavez & Vignes, next to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: FY2013 FY13 budget "budget workshop" "measure R"
- May 08, 2012
- Go Metro to Kaiser Permanente Pasadena Marathon for a Free Gift
Attendees who take Metro to the Great Race Place Expo at Santa Anita Park on May 18 and 19 and the Kaiser Permanente Pasadena Marathon on May 20 may receive a free gift. Present a valid Metro pass or Metro Rail ticket at the Run With Us booth during Expo or at the Kaiser Permanente Pasadena Marathon information booth the day of the marathon to claim a gift while supplies last.
- Keywords: "Great Race Place Expo" "Pasadena Marathon" "Kaiser Permanente"
- May 07, 2012
- Metro Promotes Bicycle Activities and Festivities during Official "Bike Week LA" May 14-18
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is sponsoring "Bike Week LA" activities from May 14-18 to encourage Angelinos to ride bicycles to work, school and other destinations throughout LA County to reduce traffic and air pollution. Bring a bike or bike helmet on Metro buses and trains for a free ride on Bike to Work Day, Thursday May 17.
- Keywords: "bike week" "Bike Week LA" "Bike to Work Day"
- May 07, 2012
- Celebrate National Train Day at Los Angeles Union Station
Union Station will host a major celebration for the fifth annual National Train Day on Saturday, May 12, marking the 143rd anniversary of America's first transcontinental railroad. Celebrate train travel by riding the rails to attend the event. Take Metro's Red, Purple or Gold Lines, Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner or Metrolink's San Bernardino Line or Orange County Line to Union Station.
- Keywords: National Train Day Los Angeles Union Station
- May 03, 2012
- L.A. Metro launches new version of smart phone app “Go Metro Los Angeles” for iPhone and Android devices
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has released a new mobile "Go Metro Los Angeles" smartphone app -available in the Apple App Store and Android Play - that will make it easier for the public to navigate L.A. County's extensive and growing Bus and Rail system utilizing their mobile devices.
- Keywords: smartphone app, Android, App Store, Android, iPhone, iPad