- February 27, 2012
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) to Hold SR 710 "All Communities Convening'' Meetings on March 1, March 3
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold two community meetings titled "All Communities Convening" as part of the launch of the Alternatives Analysis phase in preparation of the SR 710 environmental review process, pursuant to the requirements of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Keywords: SR710 710 "710 freeway" "measure r" pasadena caltrans
- February 22, 2012
- Academy Awards countdown: Metro Bus service along Hollywood Blvd. on detour schedule; Metro Rail trains to bypass Metro Red Line station at Hollywood/Highland on Sunday, Feb. 26
Five Metro Bus Lines (212/312, 217, 222 and 780) are on detour schedules due to street closures that started Sunday, Feb. 19, in the Hollywood area due to preparations for the Academy Awards show that will be held in the Kodak Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland complex on Sunday, Feb. 26.
- Keywords: Academy Awards detours street closures
- February 16, 2012
- Metro on regular service schedule Monday, Feb. 20
All Metro operated buses and Metro Rail trains that include the Metro Red Line, Purple Line Blue Line, Green Line and Gold Line will operate on a regular schedule on Presidents' Day, Monday, Feb. 20, 2012.
- Keywords: "president's day"
- February 14, 2012
- Metro Holds Open House, Two Community Workshop Meetings on Linking the Metro Rail System to LAX
Metro will host an open house on Wednesday, February 29 and two community workshop meetings in March to update community stakeholders on the study underway examining ways to connect the growing Metro Rail system to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
- Keywords: Metro Green Line LAX workshop open house
- February 13, 2012
- L.A. Metro’s Westside Subway Extension, Regional Connector projects get jumpstart in President’s proposed Fy13 Budget
Mayor urges Congress to Approve Funding in President's Budget
- Keywords: "Westside Subway Extension" "Regional Connector" Villaraigosa Obama Budget Federal
- February 03, 2012
- On-the-job training program puts new Metro mechanics on a career track
Clutching shiny new torque wrenches - a symbol of their trade - 13 newly certified Metro bus mechanics joined the ranks of a new profession, Wednesday, during graduation ceremonies at the Metro Support Services Center in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: mechanics bus "career track" "service attendants"
- February 02, 2012
- Metro names Bus Operator Khaled Farah and Maintenance Shop Leader David Klinkenborg to 'employees of the month' roster
Two outstanding performers in the operation and maintenance of the Metro buses that traverse 1,433 miles of bus routes within Los Angeles County were recognized as "employees of the month" by the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) at the board meeting held in January.
- Keywords: "L.A. bus service" "bus service" "employee of the month"