- January 30, 2012
- L.A. Metro making good progress on construction of Metro Orange Line extension to Chatsworth
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is making good progress building the Metro Orange Line Extension Project in the San Fernando Valley, reporting that construction has reached 80 percent completion and the line is on track for a June 2012 opening.
- Keywords: "orange line" valley busway chatsworth
- January 26, 2012
- Metro Board approves Project Labor Agreement for Metro Construction Projects
The unanimous approval by the Metro Board of Directors sets in motion a local and national hiring requirement to provide skilled workers, a commitment to no work stoppages, and the ability to implement a targeted hiring program aimed to provide jobs to economically disadvantaged workers.
- Keywords: PLA "project labor agreement" construction jobs hiring
- January 25, 2012
- Go Metro and Celebrate the 34th Annual L.A. Chinatown Firecracker 5k/10k Run/Walk
It's the Chinese Year of the Dragon! Go Metro to celebrate and participate in the running of the 34th Annual L.A. Chinatown Firecracker 5k/10k Run/Walk and Bike Ride on Feb. 11 and Feb. 12.
- Keywords: "Firecracker 5k/10k Run/Walk" Chinatown "Chinese New Year"
- January 20, 2012
- Metro Service Councils Hold Public Hearings In February on Proposed Metro Bus Service Changes/Enhancements for Implementation in June
Metro Service Councils will be holding a series of five public hearings in February to gather public input on a series of proposed Metro bus service changes and enhancements for possible implementation in June.
- Keywords: "Metro Service Councils" "bus service"
- January 17, 2012
- Go Metro to local ‘MUSEUMS FREE-FOR-ALL’ event
Come experience what Southern California's museums have to offer via Metro. The Museum Marketing Roundtable announced the seventh annual Museums Free-For-All, which will take place this month, Jan. 28 and 29, free of charge. A number of museums will be participating featuring art, cultural heritage, natural history and science.
- Keywords: museums "MUSEUMS FREE-FOR-ALL"
- January 12, 2012
- Metro to Operate on Regular Service Schedule for Monday, Jan. 16
All Metro operated buses and Metro Rail trains will operate on a regular schedule on Martin Luther King Jr. Day Monday, Jan. 16, 2012.
- Keywords: King Jr. Day regular service
- January 11, 2012
- L.A. Metro to release Final EIS/EIR, hold open houses for Regional Connector project on Jan. 20
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced it will release its Final Environmental Impact Statement/Report (EIS/EIR) for the Regional Connector Project on Jan. 20, 2012 for a 30-day public review period. Metro has also scheduled two community open houses Feb. 7 and 8 in Downtown L.A. to allow the public to learn more about the project and the report.
- Keywords: "regional connector" EIR "downtown l.a." "los angeles" rail
- January 09, 2012
- Several Metro Orange Line Station Stops to be Temporarily Relocated Jan. 21-30
Due to construction for the Metro Orange Line Extension, stops at Pierce College, De Soto, and Canoga stations will be temporarily relocated one block south of these stations to Victory Boulevard beginning at 12 a.m. on Saturday, January 21 through 12 a.m. on Monday, January 30. Bus patrons are advised to allow exra time to park, purchase fares and walk to the temporary stops.
- Keywords: "Pierce College" "De Soto" Canoga "orange line"
- January 06, 2012
- Downtown L.A. Blue Line stations to close evenings of Jan. 7-8 after 7 p.m. for Expo Line systems integration work
Work hours are Saturday, Jan 7, and Sunday, Jan 8, from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Bus shuttles replace trains between 7th/Metro and Washington stations. Stations to be closed are 7th/Metro, Pico, Grand, San Pedro and Washington. Nightime work does not affect service between Washington and Long Beach Transit Mall stations. Daytime service is not affected; will serve downtown L.A. stations until 7 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Keywords: "expo line" expo construction "downtown L.A."
- January 06, 2012
- Metro and Caltrans announce public meetings for the proposed 63-mile High Desert Corridor
Four community update meetings are scheduled Jan. 24, 26, 31 and Feb. 1 in the Antelope Valley and Victor Valley. The Victorville meeting on Jan. 31 is scheduled to be streamed live on metro.net/HDC, making the meeting available for viewing and accessible for online public participation.
- Keywords: HDC "Antelope Valley" " Victor Valley" "Lake Los Angeles" Victorville Lancaster Adelanto Palmdale Apple Valley SR-14 SR-18 'high desert corridor"
- January 05, 2012
- Metro $5 day pass benefits you and your guests
Going places in Los Angeles but traffic is in your way? Let Metro's $5 day pass take you there. The day-long ticket to ride Metro Rail and Metro buses is the perfect choice for visitors or occasional transit users.
- Keywords: TAP "los angeles" Hollywood Getty "Olvera Street" "The Grove" "L.A. Live" "Santa Monica Pier"
- January 04, 2012
- FTA issues milestone approval for Crenshaw/LAX light rail project
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) on Dec. 30 issued a Record of Decision (ROD) for the Crenshaw/LAX light rail project based on Metro's Final Environmental Impact Statement/Report (EIS/EIR) in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Keywords: FTA ROD Crenshaw/LAX