- January 29, 2009
- Los Angeles Metro to Host Technology & Innovation Symposium February 5
The Future of Transportation
- Keywords: "Los Angeles", Metro, Host, "Technology & Innovation Symposium"
- January 28, 2009
- Metro to Detour Bus Lines on 5th Street Between Spring and Figueroa and on Spring Street Between lst and 5th Streets on Thursday, Jan. 29
Due to a planned United Teachers Los Angeles (UTLA) march set for Thursday, Jan. 29 in downtown Los Angeles, Metro bus service will be detoured off of Spring Street from approximately 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Keywords: Detour
- January 27, 2009
- First Train Car Tested on New Metro Gold Line Eastside Light Rail Line Under Construction
Nearly 46 years since the last trolley ran on First Street
- Keywords: First, "Train Car", Metro, Tested, "Eastside Light Rail Line", "Under Construction"
- January 26, 2009
- Go Metro to Chinatown for Chinese New Year 2009 Celebration
Events planned Feb. 7-8
- Keywords: "Go Metro", Chinatown, "Chinese New Year 2009 Celebration"
- January 22, 2009
- Metro Board Votes to Move Forward Four Major L.A. County Transportation Projects
Marking a significant day in the advancement of key transportation projects in the L.A. region, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today authorized four major transportation projects to move forward to their next phase of work.
- Keywords: Metro, Board, Votes, "L.A. County Transportation Projects", Forward
- January 21, 2009
- Metro's Twitter Updates Now in Spanish
Metro is now Twittering in Spanish as well as English to notify patrons of rail and bus alerts, amended service -- such as recent free holiday and late-night service -- and special discounts and entertainment deals.
- Keywords: Metro, Twitter, Updates, Spanish
- January 20, 2009
- Metro Service Sectors to Hold a Series of Public Hearings on Proposed Metro Bus Service Changes and Enhancements
Metro’s five community-based service sectors will hold a series of public hearings in February to receive public input on a variety of proposed Metro Bus service changes and enhancements that, if approved, would be implemented in June.
- Keywords: Metro, "Service Sectors", "Public Hearings", Bus, "Service Changes And Enhancements"
- January 20, 2009
- Metro Keeps ‘Safety’s First’ Campaign Moving Forward to Educate Residents in Eastside Communities on How To Be Safe Around Trains
85,000 Flyers Will Be Delivered Door-to-Door
- Keywords: Metro, "Saftey's First", Campagin, Educate, "Eastside Communities", "How To Be Safe Around Trains"
- January 16, 2009
- Metro, L.A. Community College District Partner to Offer One of the Country’s Largest Student Transit Pass Programs
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) have partnered to offer low-cost public transportation passes to nearly 30,000 college students at nine county community colleges, making it one of the largest such pass programs in the country.
- Keywords: Metro, "L.A. Community College District", "Country’s Largest", "Student Transit Pass Programs"
- January 14, 2009
- Go Metro and Get 50 Percent Off Admission at “Go Green Expo” January 24 through January 25 at Los Angeles Convention Center
Go Metro and Go Green to the “Go Green Expo” in the South J Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Saturday, Jan. 24 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Sunday, Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Learn about how green alternatives can positively change your lifestyle and protect the environment.
- Keywords: "Go Metro", January, "Go Green Expo", "50 Percent off"
- January 07, 2009
- Go Metro and Get 20 Percent Off 'Thomas & Friends Live! 0n Stage'
What better way to reach "Thomas & Friends Live! On Stage" -- a show based on the adventures of a toy train engine -- than to Go Metro? Thomas will debut Jan. 31 at Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles and Metro can take you there and get you a discount.
- Keywords: "Thomas and Friends"
- January 05, 2009
- Metro Board to Consider Four Transit Alternatives for Further Environmental Review for Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2 During January Meetings
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors will consider the adoption of the Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2 Alternatives Analysis (AA) study during its next Planning and Programming Committee meeting on Wednesday, January 14. From there, it is expected to go before the full Metro Board on January 22.
- Keywords: Metro, Board, "Transit Alternatives", " Further Environmental Review", "Eastside Transit Corridor", "Phase 2", "January Meetings"