- August 29, 2008
- New Metro Bus and Metro Rail System Map Offers Reader Friendly Transit Information
The new Metro Bus and Metro Rail System map is now available online at www.metro.net under the maps icon, on Metro buses and trains, at Metro Customer Centers, or call 1-800 COMMUTE to request a copy.
- Keywords: Bus Rail Map Information
- August 20, 2008
- Metro to Hold Five Community Update Meetings in September on Metro Westside Extension Transit Corridor Study
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will be conducting a new round of community update meetings in September on the agency’s Westside Extension Transit Corridor Study.
- Keywords: "Community Update Meetings" "Westside Extension Transit Corridor Study"
- August 18, 2008
- Metro to Hold Three Public Meetings in September on I-710 Corridor Project EIR/EIS
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (METRO) will hold three public meetings in September for the I-710 Corridor Project Environmental Impact Report and Environmental Impact Study (EIR/EIS).
- Keywords: "Public Meetings" "I-710 Corridor Project" EIR EIS
- August 14, 2008
- Go Metro and Save 20 percent on Tickets to '9 to 5: The Musical'
Go Metro to the world premiere performances of "9 to 5: The Musical," at the Ahmanson Theatre, Sept. 3 through Oct. 19, and save 20 percent on selected tickets. Just hop on the Metro Red Line and get off at Civic Center Station. The Ahmanson is just a short walk up the hill.
- Keywords: "9 To 5: The Musical"
- August 13, 2008
- Go Metro to African Marketplace and Enjoy Music and Food from Around the World
The best in African and world music, crafts and cuisines will be part of the African Marketplace and Cultural Faire when it returns to Rancho Cienega Park in Los Angeles for three weekends: Aug. 16-17, Aug. 23 and 24 and Aug. 30 and 31 and Sept. 1. It's easy to get there via Metro.
- Keywords: "African Marketplace"
- August 13, 2008
- Metro Rail, Metro Orange Line Set Ridership Records in July
All Metro Rail lines and the Metro Orange Line set ridership records in July and the Metro Bus system attracted more riders as commuters and others scrambled to avoid $4-a-gallon gas.
- Keywords: Rail "Orange Line" "Ridership Records"
- August 08, 2008
- Save Money by Driving the Kids Back to Class with Metro School Pool
With $4-a-gallon gas at the pumps, it doesn't take a calculator to figure out there will be a dramatic hike in the cost of driving kids to and from school this fall. So why not join Metro’s School Pool carpool program? If your school hasn't already enrolled, encourage it to do so.
- Keywords: Driving "Back To Class" "School Pool" "Save Money"
- August 04, 2008
- Go Metro to National Night Out Against Crime Aug. 5
Go Metro Tuesday, Aug. 5, and sign up to win gifts at the 25th Annual National Night Out, a unique crime/drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch.
- Keywords: "National Night Out" Crime