- May 30, 2008
- Concejos de Gobierno de Metro de diferentes sectores de servicio anuncian sus reuniones de Junio
Los cinco Concejos de Gobierno en los Sectores de Servicio de Metro sostendrán sus reuniones regulares públicas mensuales en Junio para discutir varios asuntos relacionados al transporte en sus respectivos sectores de servicio. Los residentes del Valle de San Fernando, Valle de San Gabriel, Gateway Cities del sureste de Los Angeles, South Bay y el área Westside/Central interesados en ayudar a mejor el servicio de autobuses Metro en sus comunidades están invitados a atender las reuniones mensuales.
- Keywords: News
- May 28, 2008
- Metro, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition to Conduct Community Meetings on Bike and Pedestrian Access to Transit Hubs
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and Los Angeles County Bike Coalition (LACBC) are holding a series of community meetings to discuss bike and pedestrian access to several Metro Rail stations and the Metro Orange Line.
- Keywords: "Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition" Bike Pedestrian "Community Meetings" "Transit Hubs"
- May 23, 2008
- Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension is more than 80 percent complete
Construction of the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension light rail project is more than 80 percent complete. In addition, other milestones have been reached including the unprecedented construction safety record of more than 3 million work-hours without an accident that requires a single day away from work. The project also is on budget and scheduled to open on time in mid-2009.
- Keywords: "Gold Line" Eastside
- May 22, 2008
- Metro Board Adopts FY09 Budget
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today adopted a $3.4 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2008-09 that begins July 1, 2008.
- Keywords: "FY09 Budget"
- May 21, 2008
- Metro, Ventura County, Shine 'Green' Spotlight on Pioneering Rideshare Programs of Southern California Employers
From the super-sized savings in commuters’ pockets to a decrease in gasoline consumption and emissions reflected in recent public transportation ridership tallies, the concept of ridesharing is emerging from a disregarded option perceived as inconvenient into an acceptable, reliable and, yes, even hip, commute of choice.
- Keywords: "Ventura County" Green "Rideshare Programs" "Southern California Employers"
- May 16, 2008
- Focus on the Valley
Mobility 21 Coalition to Meet in San Fernando Valley May 21
- Keywords: "Mobility 21" "Focus On The Valley"
- May 16, 2008
- Discuss Toll Roads and Taxes with Metro Board Chair Pam O'Connor
Fifth live internet chat will be at noon, Wednesday, May 21 at metro.net/chat
- Keywords: "Pam O'Connor" "Toll Roads" Taxes
- May 12, 2008
- First in North America: Innovative Digital Advertising Display Debuts in Metro Red Line Tunnel
Metro’s latest effort to increase agency revenues turns to innovative tunnel advertising
- Keywords: "Digital Advertising Display" "Red Line Tunnel"
- May 09, 2008
- Metro Promotes Bike to Work Week with a Celebrity Bike Pit Stop, Prizes, Free Rides
Register in Advance Online for a Chance to Win a Folding Bike
- Keywords: "Bike To Work Week" Prizes "Free Rides"
- May 09, 2008
- Metro Experiences Ground Swell of Public Support for Traffic Relief
More than 40,000 people have gone to Metro’s web site this spring and several thousand others have attended community meetings to learn more about Metro’s draft Long Range Transportation Plan while sharing their vision for a traffic-free future for Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: "Public Support" "Traffic Relief"
- May 07, 2008
- Metro to Hold Public Hearing May 14 on Proposed FY 09 Budget
Metro will hold a public hearing on a draft $3.370 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2008-09 on Wednesday, May 14, at 2:30 p.m. in the third floor Board room at Metro Headquarters, One Gateway Plaza next to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: "Public Hearing" "Proposed FY 09 Budget"
- May 06, 2008
- Metro 577X Provides Relief from High Gas Prices with Fast and Frequent Service Between El Monte, Norwalk and Downtown Long Beach Transit Mall
Metro’s 577X Line provides relief to the high price of gas, offering express bus service between the El Monte Transit Center and the downtown Long Beach Transit Mall. The original route of the 577X Line stopped in El Monte, at the Norwalk Metro Green Line Station, Cal State University Long Beach and the Long Beach VA Medical Center. Last June the line was extended to the Long Beach Transit Mall, including two stops along 7th Street at Ximeno and at Cherry.
- Keywords: "Gas Prices" "El Monte" "Downtown Long Beach Transit Mall" Norwalk
- May 05, 2008
- Go Metro to Lummis Day Festival, Sunday, June 1, and See Famed Musician Jackson Browne
Musician Jackson Browne and the Latino theater group Culture Clash will be among stars appearing, Sunday, June 1, at the third annual Lummis Day: The Festival of Northeast Los Angeles. The festival is free and Metro is an easy and economical way to get there. Take the Metro Gold Line to the Southwest Museum Station, exit the train and walk ten minutes to the Lummis Home.
- Keywords: "Lummis Day Festival" "Jackson Browne"
- May 05, 2008
- Highway toll lanes: The way to go
They're proven congestion busters, not an experiment.
- Keywords: "Highway Toll Lanes"
- May 03, 2008
- Civic Leaders Explore Climate Change, Mitigation Efforts at Sustainability Summit
With climate change impacts on everyone’s minds these days, Metro is the cool way to get to the 17th Annual Los Feliz Village Street fair on Sunday, June 8, from 11 am to 8 pm on Vermont Avenue between Franklin and Hollywood Boulevard.
- Keywords: News
- May 02, 2008
- Join Metro Board Chair O'Connor in Imagining a More Mobile Region
Fifth live internet chat will be at noon May 21 at metro.net/chat
- Keywords: "Board Chair" O'Connor Live Chat
- May 01, 2008
- Metro Community-based Transit Service Sector Governance Councils Set May Meetings
Metro’s five community-based transit service sector governance councils will hold their regular monthly public meetings in May to discuss various transportation issues in their service sectors.
- Keywords: "Transit Service Sector Governance Councils" May Meetings