- April 30, 2008
- May 1st Planned Marches to Impact Metro Bus Service
Metro plans to run regular Metro Bus and Metro Rail service on Thursday, May 1.
- Keywords: Marchs Bus
- April 28, 2008
- Metro, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition to Conduct Community Meeting on Bike and Pedestrian Access to Newhall Metrolink Station
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC) will hold a community meeting in Santa Clarita to discuss bike and pedestrian access to the Newhall Metrolink Station on Saturday, May 3.
- Keywords: "Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition" Meeting Bike Pedestrian Newhall
- April 24, 2008
- Metro Board of Directors Approves Purchase of up to 260 New 45-foot High-capacity Buses
The Metro Board of Directors today approved purchasing up to 260 new 45-foot compressed natural gas (CNG) buses from North American Bus Industries. The total procurement is $170,915,626, which includes spare parts, diagnostic equipment and training.
- Keywords: "Board Of Directors" Approve Purchase Buses
- April 24, 2008
- Metro Board Takes Step Toward Putting New Transportation Sales Tax on November Ballot
The Metro Board of Directors today took a step toward putting a new local half cent sales tax measure on the November ballot. The Board asked Metro staff to report back in June with a comprehensive package of specific street and highway improvements and public transit projects that could be funded by a new transportation sales tax in Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: "Transportation Sales Tax" Ballot
- April 23, 2008
- Go Metro to Free H20 Clean Clear Water Festival in Sherman Oaks Sunday, April 27
Go Green Go Metro to the free H20 Oaks Clean Clear Water Festival at the Metro Orange Line Sepulveda park- and- ride lot between Erwin and Oxnard in Sherman Oaks on Sunday, April 27, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The festival will feature a fun zone with on-going children activities, eco-friendly tips displays, food and craft booths including an area dedicated to pet adoptions. Musical entertainment will be provided.
- Keywords: "Clean Water Festival" Sherman Oaks
- April 21, 2008
- Go Metro to Celebrate Earth Day with Music by Latin Singer/Songwriter Carina Ricco at Union Station
Bring your lunch, enjoy the music and contribute to a better planet.
- Keywords: "Earth Day" "union Station" "Carina Ricco"
- April 21, 2008
- Metro to Hold New Round of Public Meetings on Metro Westside Extension Transit Corridor Study
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will be conducting a new round of public meetings for the community to learn about progress on the agency’s Westside Extension Transit Corridor Study.
- Keywords: Westside Study Public Meetings
- April 18, 2008
- Metro to Detour Bus Lines on Wilshire Boulevard Due to Planned Earth Day Festival Activities, Tuesday, April 22
Due to Wilshire Center Earth Day festival activities, there will be no bus service on Wilshire Boulevard between Western and Vermont avenues on Tuesday, April 22. Metro patrons should expect traffic delays and some delays in Metro Bus service in the area and plan accordingly. Metro Purple Line subway service will run according to schedule, every 10 to 12 minutes.
- Keywords: Bus Wilshire "Earth Day" Festival Activities
- April 18, 2008
- Metro Vanpool Program Reaches New Milestone
More than 600 Metro public vanpools throughout Los Angeles County
- Keywords: Vanpool Milestone
- April 17, 2008
- Go Metro to the Aquarium of the Pacific
With gasoline prices soaring, Metro is a terrific way to go the Aquarium of the Pacific to save on gas, save the planet and save on admission. Meet more than 12,500 marine animals and see the ocean’s ultimate predator up close in the Shark Lagoon. Purchase a regular admission and present a coupon to receive a FREE child’s admission.
- Keywords: "Aquarium of the Pacific"
- April 14, 2008
- Metro Promotes ‘Bike to Work’ Week With Prizes, Free Rides
Those Who Register in Advance Online get a Chance to Win a Folding Bike
- Keywords: "Bike To Work" Prizes Free Rides
- April 11, 2008
- Go Metro to Fiesta Broadway Sunday, April 27
Go Metro to Fiesta Broadway and leave your car behind Sunday, April 27, and forget about traffic, parking hassles and save on gasoline. Metro is the best way to travel to downtown Los Angeles with more then 50 Metro Bus lines and Metro Rail serving downtown.
- Keywords: Fiesta Broadway
- April 10, 2008
- Reaction to California Transportation Commission Vote on SoCal Goods Movement Funding
Metro has mixed reaction to today’s California Transportation Commission (CTC) approval of $1.65 billion in state Trade Corridor Improvement Funds aimed at improving the flow of goods from the ports throughout the Southern California region. On the one hand, the monies will be put to good use funding dozens of transportation projects that range from grade separation and rail crossing improvements to widening and reconstruction projects to ease the delivery of goods throughout a five county area that includes Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.
- Keywords: CTC Goods Movement Funding
- April 02, 2008
- Go Metro to Celebrate Earth Day with 'Green' Rock Band Canon at Union Station
Bring your lunch, enjoy the music and contribute to a better planet. Celebrate Mother Earth on Earth Day by leaving your gas-guzzling, air-polluting car behind and going Metro to Union Station for a free concert by the rock band Canon. Canon will perform its hit eco song “The Hourglass,” as well as other great music, at Metro’s “Rock & Ride” Earth Day event on Tuesday, April 22, at noon, on the South Patio of Union Station.
- Keywords: "Earth Day" "Union Station" Canon