- August 27, 2007
- Los Angeles Metro Rolls Out North America’s First 65-foot Articulated Compressed Natural Gas Bus on Metro Orange Line
- Keywords: "Orange Line"
- August 25, 2007
- Metro Gold Line resumes normal operations, effective 8-25-07
Metro Rail personnel have completed repairs to the overhead power system in South Pasadena
- Keywords: Metro, "Gold Line", "Normal Operations"
- August 21, 2007
- Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension Continues Installing Rail Track Along the Six-Mile Light Rail Train Alignment
For the next two weeks Metro construction workers are restricting left turns at Third Street and Mednik Avenue intersection in East Los Angeles as they continues to install the rail track for the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension. Thru traffic and right turns will be maintained during the length of the construction activity.
- Keywords: Metro, "Gold Line", "Eastside Extenion", Instslling, "Rail Track", "Six-Mile Light Rail Train Alignment"
- August 20, 2007
- Go Metro Line 442 for a Faster Commute to Downtown L.A. from Hawthorne and Inglewood via the Harbor Transitway
Go Metro and save money on gas prices and reduce your stress level by riding Metro Line 442 to downtown LA without having to transfer buses.
- Keywords: "Go Metro", "Line 442", Faster, Commute, "Downtown L. A.", Hawthorne, Inglewood, "Harbor Transitway"
- August 16, 2007
- Go Metro and Enjoy Free Concerts at Macarthur Park’s Levitt Pavilion
Go Metro and enjoy free concerts at MacArthur Park’s Levitt Pavilion this summer, which marks the first concert season at the newly restored bandshell in MacArthur Park, now the Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts at MacArthur Park.
- Keywords: "Go Metro", Free, Concerts, "Macarthur Park’s Levitt Pavilion"
- August 13, 2007
- Metro Builds New Sanitary Sewer Line in Boyle Heights for Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension
Construction of a sanitary sewer system has began on the southeast corner of the intersection at First and Indiana streets in Boyle Heights for the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension construction project and will last approximately three weeks.
- Keywords: Metro, "Sanitary Sewer Line", "Boyle Heights", "Gold Line", "Eastside Extension"
- August 13, 2007
- Go Metro For a Free Concert Featuring Canon at Union Station on Saturday, Sept. 8
Go Metro to see progressive rock band Canon on Saturday, Sept. 8 starting at 8 p.m. in an environmental event to be held at Union Station’s Old Ticket Room. Only those people using the Metro system and showing a valid Metro pass, Metro Rail ticket, or proof of Metrolink fare will be admitted to the free concert.
- Keywords: "Go Metro", Free, Concert, Canon, "Union Station", September
- August 09, 2007
- Metro Board Approves 18 Contracts with Tow Truck Operators to Bolster Metro Freeway Service Patrol
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors recently approved 18 contracts with tow truck operators to patrol congested LA County freeways and remove stranded autos and trucks before traffic backs up.
- Keywords: Metro, Board, Approves, Contracts, "Tow Truck", Freeway, "Service Patrol"
- August 02, 2007
- Metro Begins Track Installation for Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension in Little Tokyo/Arts District
First Street, between Alameda and Vignes streets, in the Little Tokyo/Arts District in downtown Los Angeles will have nighttime partial street closures on August 6, 7, 13 and 14 to begin installation of the rail track for the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension.
- Keywords: Metro, "Track Installation", "Gold Line", "Eastside Extension", "Little Tokyo/Arts District"
- August 01, 2007
- Go Metro to African Marketplace & Cultural Faire in Crenshaw District
Metro riders can save $1 on the regular $6 admission when they show their valid Metro pass or Metro Rail ticket at the box office for the 22nd annual African Marketplace & Cultural Faire that will be held on three consecutive weekends beginning Saturday, Aug. 18 at Rancho Cienega Park, 5001 Rodeo Road near La Brea Avenue in the Crenshaw District of Los Angeles. Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Keywords: "Go Metro", "African Marketplace & Cultural Faire", "Crenshaw District"