- August 29, 2005
- Go Metro to Free NFL Season Kick-off at the Los Angeles Coliseum
Go Metro to the Los Angeles Coliseum September 8 for the NFL's official kick-off of the 2005 football season.
- Keywords: Go Metro, NFL Season Kick-Off
- August 24, 2005
- Metro Community-Based Transit Service Sector Governance Councils Set Regular Monthly Meetings for September
Metro's community-based transit service sector governance councils will hold their regular monthly public meetings in September to discuss various transportation issues in their sectors as well as proposed Metro Bus service changes.
- Keywords: Community Based Transit Service Sector, Monthly Meetings, September
- August 17, 2005
- Metro School Pool Program Makes It Easier for Parents to get Children to and from Campus this School Year
Parents will have an easier, more convenient way of getting their children to and from school this fall. Metro's School Pool Program can give parents a much needed break by helping them find carpooling partners at participating elementary, middle and high school campuses throughout Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: School Pool Program, School
- August 15, 2005
- Metro to Begin Testing Buses on Metro Orange Line Aug. 21
Metro is set to begin testing buses on the Metro Orange Line as early as Sunday, August 21, and advises San Fernando Valley pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists, alike, to keep off the transitway and exercise caution at street intersections.
- Keywords: Orange Line, Buses
- August 12, 2005
- Metro Gateway Cities to Hold Second Public Hearing Aug. 18, 2005, on Proposed Metro Bus Service Modifications and Enhancements
The Metro Gateway Cities community-based service sector will hold a second public hearing on Thursday, Aug. 18, to receive additional community input on proposed Metro Bus service modifications planned for implementation in December 2005 or later. The hearing will start at 7 p.m. at Oldtimers Foundation Patio Hall, 3355 E. Gage Ave. in Huntington Park.
- Keywords: Gateway Cities, Public Hearings, Bus Service, Modifications, Enhancements
- August 11, 2005
- Go Metro to L.A. Tofu Festival Aug. 13-14
Go Metro to the 10th Annual 2005 L.A. Tofu Festival in Little Tokyo this weekend.
- Keywords: L.A. Tofu Festial, Go Metro
- August 08, 2005
- Metro Chief Planning Officer James de la Loza Resigns to Join Private Industry
Metro's chief planning officer, James de la Loza, has resigned effective Friday, Aug. 19, to take a job in private industry, CEO Roger Snoble announced today.
- Keywords: Planning Officer, James de la Loza, Private Industry
- August 05, 2005
- Metro Begins Street Decking Operation on First Street Between Breed, Mathews Streets for Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension
Metro began street decking operations Friday, Aug. 5, on First Street between Breed and Mathews streets in Boyle Heights for construction of the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension, the six-mile light rail project that will connect Little Tokyo, Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles with the regional Metro Rail System.
- Keywords: Gold Line, Eastside Extension
- August 03, 2005
- Mayor Villaraigosa Joins Local, State and Federal Leaders in Celebrating Los Angeles County's Success in Securing $4.5 Billion in Federal Transportation Funding
Los Angeles Mayor and Metro Board Chairman Antonio Villaraigosa today joined key members of Congress and local and state officials in detailing Los Angeles County's success in securing an estimated $4.5 billion in federal funding for highway and transit programs and projects.
- Keywords: Mayor Villaraigosa, Federal Transportation Funding