- July 29, 2005
- Metro to Hold Four Sector Public Hearings in August on Proposed Metro Bus Service Modifications and Enhancements
Four Metro community-based service sectors will hold public hearings in August to receive community input on proposed Metro Bus service modifications planned for implementation in December.
- Keywords: Public Hearings, bus service
- July 28, 2005
- Metro Inspects New Italian-made 2550 Light Rail Vehicle
Metro Board members and executives from Italian rail car manufacturer Ansaldobreda, Inc. today inspected a new, technologically advanced light rail vehicle that will help the agency accommodate future growth of the Metro Rail system.
- Keywords: Italian-made, light rail, vehicle
- July 25, 2005
- Metro Community-based Transit Service Sector Governance Councils Set Regular Monthly Meetings and Four Public Hearings for August
Residents within the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys, Gateway Cities of southeast Los Angeles, the South Bay and the Westside/Central area interested in helping to improve Metro Bus service in their communities are encouraged to attend the monthly meetings. *Public Hearings
- Keywords: Transit Service Sector Governance Councils, Meetings, August, Public Hearings
- July 21, 2005
- Santa Monica Mayor Pam O'Connor named 2nd vice chair of Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board of Directors
Santa Monica Mayor Pam O'Connor has assumed duties as 2nd Vice Chair of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board of Directors. A trained and practicing planner and long-time patron of public transportation, O'Connor is a knowledgeable and articulate advocate for public transit and for strategic regional transportation policies.
- Keywords: Pam O'Connor, Mayor, board of directors
- July 19, 2005
- Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to Chair Metro Board
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will be sworn in as chair of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board of Directors in July. Villaraigosa will replace outgoing Board chair and Lancaster Mayor Frank Roberts and hold the position until June 30, 2006.
- Keywords: Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa, Board