- December 31, 2003
- Go Metro to See Post-Parade Floats in Victory Park
MTA will be providing easy access to view the floats in Victory Park following the 2004 Tournament of Roses Parade.
- Keywords: Post-Parade Floats, Go Metro, Victory Park
- December 19, 2003
- Metro Gold Line Best Choice for Traveling to 2004 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade Festivities
MTA to run trains all night New Year's Eve, urges discretion when bringing items on board trains, buses
- Keywords: Gold Line, Roses Parade
- December 18, 2003
- MTA, Bus and Rail Operators Reach Tentative Contract Agreement
Tentative agreement has been reached on a new three-year labor contract between the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the United Transportation Union, which represents 5,000 bus and rail operators.
- Keywords: Tentative Contract Agreement, Bus, Rail, Operators
- December 17, 2003
- Cable's "L.A. In A Day Via Metro" Explores Attractions Along Metro Red Line Subway
(Los Angeles) - Chances are you've gone to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert at least once in your life. You've also probably put your hands in many of the celebrity handprints that grace the cement courtyard of Mann's Chinese Theatre. Did you know that these are just two of the attractions easily accessible via the 17.4-mile Metro Red Line subway?
- Keywords: L.A. In A Day Via Metro, Red Line
- December 17, 2003
- New Metro Day Pass to Provide Customers with Unbeatable Value for Daily Transit Needs
$3 pass replaces need for transfers, makes multiple daily trips on system economical and convenient
- Keywords: Day Pass, Transit
- December 16, 2003
- County Transportation Providers Offer Holiday Travelers Attractive Options for Getting to/from L.A. County Airports
Bus and rail options can alleviate need for driving, parking at LAX, Burbank, and Long Beach Airports
- Keywords: County Transportation Providers, L.A. County Air Ports, Holiday, Travelers
- December 12, 2003
- MTA Announces Completion of a $3.8 Million San Fernando Valley Metro Rapidway Bridge over the Los Angeles River
With construction proceeding on the San Fernando Valley Metro Rapidway Project, MTA today announced the completion of the first of three key bridges for the project that will carry thousands of passengers from North Hollywood to Warner Center on a dedicated busway.
- Keywords: San Fernando Valley, Metro Rapidway, Bridge, Los Angeles River
- December 10, 2003
- MTA to Hold Public Scoping Meeting to Discuss the Proposed Development of a West Los Angeles Transportation Center
MTA will hold a public meeting to gather input on the development of a proposed West Los Angeles Transportation Center.
- Keywords: Public Scoping Meeting, West Los Angeles, Transportation Center, Development
- December 09, 2003
- Service Changes Planned on 11 Contracted Bus Lines Effective Sunday, December 21
Eleven bus lines operated by private transit carriers under contract to MTA will undergo service modifications effective Sunday, Dec. 21.
- Keywords: Service Changes, Bus Lines
- December 08, 2003
- MTA Offers Free Rides On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
MTA will offer free rides on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve on Metro Buses and Metro Rail to boost safety and reduce traffic congestion during the holidays.
- Keywords: Free, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve
- December 08, 2003
- New Metro Bus, Rail Fares To Take Effect Jan. 1
Revised Structure Includes New Metro Day Pass, Lower Cash Fare
- Keywords: Bus, Rail, Fares
- December 04, 2003
- MTA Board Approves Appointments for Westside/Central Service Sector Governance Council
The MTA Board of Directors today approved the appointment of eight individuals that will serve on the Governance Council of the Westside/Central community-based service sector.
- Keywords: Board, Westside/Central, Service Sector, Governance Council
- December 02, 2003
- MTA to Begin Rail Grinding Project, December 3, to Improve Metro Gold Line Ride, Reduce Noise From Rails
Metro Rail crews will begin a two-week rail grinding project, Dec. 3, aimed at improving the ride for Metro Gold Line commuters while reducing the noise from trains along an approximately five-mile section of tracks between Lincoln Heights, Los Angeles and the Glenarm crossing in Pasadena.
- Keywords: Gold Line, Grinding Project