- October 31, 2003
- Statement by MTA CEO Roger Snoble Response to ATU's Call for Binding Arbitration October 31, 2003
We welcome the mechanics union's offer to return to work. It is critically important that we get Metro buses and trains rolling again so that our half-million transit riders are no longer stranded.
- Keywords: Roger Snoble, Binding Arbitration, ACU
- October 30, 2003
- MTA October Monthly Transit Passes to be Honored in November
While MTA mechanics remain on strike, all municipal bus operators and Metrolink commuter rail have agreed to accept MTA October passes as valid fare payment until further notice.
- Keywords: Monthly, Transit Passes, November
- October 23, 2003
- Obituary - Dorothy Gray Developed MTA's Library into One of Nation's Best Transportation Research Resources
Dorothy Gray, who served as the Los Angeles County MTA's Library Services manager for 13 years, died Oct. 19 at her home in Los Angeles. A native of Winterville, Miss., who grew up in Yazoo City, Miss. she was 58.
- Keywords: Dorothy Gray, Library, Obituary
- October 22, 2003
- MTA Announces "Metro School Pool" Rideshare Program to Help Parents Get Their Children to and from Schools
Recognizing that the transit strike has made it difficult for students to get to and from class safely and on time, MTA announces a partnership with area schools that will provide free, school-specific rideshare information to parents.
- Keywords: Rideshare Program, School, Children
- October 21, 2003
- MTA-Led Panel Makes Recommendations in Wake of September Bus Stop Wounding of Three Taft High School Students
(Los Angeles) - A multi-agency task force formed by MTA to review bus-operating procedures following a Sept. 9 shooting of three students at a bus stop near Taft High School in Woodland Hills has recommended a broad series of steps to improve the safety of LAUSD students. Task force members including MTA, the Los Angeles Unified School District, the district's police department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department will carry out the 12-step action plan.
- Keywords: Students, Bus Stop
- October 18, 2003
- 'Lifeline' Transit Service Operating in Los Angeles County during Labor Strike
MTA updates the following information about "lifeline" transit services available in Los Angeles County on a daily basis, or as changes occur.
- Keywords: Transit Service, Strike
- October 16, 2003
- Ridematch.Info Web Site Logs Record Number of Visits as L.A. Commuters Explore Ridesharing Options in Midst of Countywide Transit Strike
13,652 web site visits recorded since strike began as more commuters seek transportation alternatives
- Keywords: Ridematch.info, strike, commuters
- October 15, 2003
- MTA Plans Lifeline Transit Services in Los Angeles County
October 15 - Beginning today, contracted bus routes operated for MTA by First Transit Inc. are not in operation due to a work stoppage.
- Keywords: Lifeline, Transit Services
- October 14, 2003
- Transit Riders Have Other Choices During Strike Against MTA
The strike action called by the union representing MTA mechanics and maintenance employees interrupts transit service, beginning Oct. 14, to Metro Bus and Metro Rail customers. Metrolink, AMTRAK and the region's municipal transit operators are not affected by the walkout.
- Keywords: Riders, Strike
- October 14, 2003
- MTA Mechanics Union on Strike; Transit Service Disrupted
October 14 - The union representing MTA maintenance employees has gone on strike as of 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, October 14. The ATU, representing 2,000 maintenance employees, ordered union members to walk off the job after rejecting four contract offers made by the MTA. Leaders of MTA's three other unions, representing bus and train operators and clerks, have said their union members will observe ATU picket lines.
- Keywords: Union, Strike, Transit Service
- October 13, 2003
- MTA Urges Union Leaders to Back Off from Strike Threat
MTA officials today urged leaders of the union representing MTA's maintenance workers not to go on strike and strand hundreds of thousands of public transit users, wreck the regional economy and clog Los Angeles streets and freeways.
- Keywords: Union, Strike
- October 09, 2003
- Metro Westside/Central Service Sector Names Frank Lonyai New Maintenance Manager of MTA's Gateway Division 10
Rowland Heights Resident Gets Top Job
- Keywords: estside/Central, Service Sector, Frank Lonyai, Manager
- October 08, 2003
- MTA Partners with L.A. Times to Provide Transportation Curriculum for School Children
MTA has partnered with the Los Angeles Times to provide a new transportation curriculum this school year for L.A.-area schools that helps students learn more about the area's transportation system while improving their reading, writing and social studies skills.
- Keywords: LA Times, Transportation Curriculum, School
- October 06, 2003
- MTA Promotes Option For Those Who Rideshare Everyday But Need To Get Home In An Emergency
MTA is promoting another incentive for commuters who are currently sharing the ride to work. Now commuters are guaranteed a ride home if they have to work late at the office or have a family emergency and must leave early.
- Keywords: Rideshare, Emergency
- October 02, 2003
- New Ride Matching Web Site Ready For Rideshare Week Oct. 6-10In anticipation of Rideshare Week Oct. 6-10, 2003, five county agencies announce the launch of a newly designed Web site that enables commuters interested in ridesharing to easily find each
www.ridematch.info helps people find rideshare partners throughout Southern California
- Keywords: Rider, Ride Share
- October 01, 2003
- Take Metro to Community Clean Up Days Oct. 11, 18
Angelenos interested in helping keep their city clean can take Metro Buses to two community Clean Up Days hosted by the Department of Public Works Saturday, Oct. 11 and 18.
- Keywords: Community, Clean up
- October 01, 2003
- Metro San Fernando Valley Service Sector Names Maria Reynolds New Transportation Manager for West Valley Bus Division in Chatsworth
Maria Reynolds, a Simi Valley resident, has been named the new transportation manager at MTA's West Valley Division 8 in Chatsworth, announced MTA.
- Keywords: Maria Reynolds, San Fernando Valley, Transportation Manager
- October 01, 2003
- Take Metro to Latino Heritage Closing Ceremony
Two Subway Stations at Entrance of Festival
- Keywords: Latino Heritage, Ceremony