- September 29, 2003
- MTA Service Sector Governance Councils Hold October Public Meetings on Agenda Items and Bus Service Modifications
MTA's community-based service sector governance councils will hold public meetings in October to discuss transit issues pertaining to their individuals sectors. Residents within the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys, South Bay and Gateway Cities areas of Los Angeles who are interested in helping improve bus service in their communities are invited to attend where they can comment on governance council agenda items.
- Keywords: Service Sector, Governance Councils, Public Meetings, Agenda Items, Bus, Service Modifications
- September 25, 2003
- MTA Board Approves Agreements to Exchange Land for New Transportation Center in West Los Angeles
New, larger facility will help meet growing demand for service in the area
- Keywords: Board, Transportation Center, Agreements, West Los Angeles
- September 17, 2003
- MTA Kicks Off "Safety Begins With Me" Campaign to Promote Safety Around Metro Trains, Buses
To help prevent accidents on Los Angeles County Metro properties, trains and buses, MTA announces the launch of its "Safety Begins With Me" public outreach campaign.
- Keywords: safety, trains, buses
- September 17, 2003
- MTA, UNION REPRESENTING METRO BUS, RAIL OPERATORS AGREE ON CONTRACT EXTENSION TO AVERT STRIKE
Officials for the union representing Metro Bus and Rail operators and the MTA today jointly announced they have reached agreement to extend the current labor agreement with the operators thereby averting the possibility of a strike at midnight Thursday, Sept. 18 when a court ordered "cooling off" period expires.
- Keywords: Union, Bus, Rail, Operators
- September 15, 2003
- MTA Names Jim McElroy as New General Manager of the Westside/Central Community-Based Transit Service Sector
MTA has announced the appointment of Jim McElroy as the new general manager of the Westside/Central community-based transit service sector.
- Keywords: Jim McElroy, Service Sector, Westside/Central
- September 10, 2003
- Skip Traffic, Parking Hassles
Free Shuttle Service Operates From Memorial Park Metro Gold Line Station in Pasadena to Rose Bowl for UCLA Football
- Keywords: Traffic, Parking, UCLA
- September 09, 2003
- MTA Hires 'Los Angeles to Pasadena Metro Construction Authority' CEO as Project Management Ch
(Los Angeles) - MTA CEO Roger Snoble today announced the hiring of Rick Thorpe, one of the most highly regarded builders of light rail systems in the United States, as executive officer for project management. Thorpe comes to MTA following the opening of the Metro Gold Line, which he successfully completed on time and under budget.
- Keywords: Project Management Chief, Rick Thorpe