- March 28, 2003
- Metro San Fernando Valley Service Sector Governance Council to Hold First Public Meeting April 2
The newly formed Metro San Fernando Valley Governance Council will hold its first public meeting next Wednesday, April 2 at 6 p.m. at the Van Nuys City Library, 6250 Sylmar Avenue Mall in the Van Nuys Civic Center.
- Keywords: San Fernando Valley, Service Sector, Governance Council, Public Meeting
- March 26, 2003
- New Shuttle to Dodger Stadium Makes It Easy to Take MTA's Metro Rail to the Ball Game
Taking MTA's Metro Rail to the ball game became that much easier with the recent announcement that the Los Angeles Dodgers will be offering a bus shuttle from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to selected Dodger baseball games this season.
- Keywords: Shuttle, Rail, Dodgers, Game
- March 25, 2003
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Captain Dan Finkelstein Named MTA Chief of Transit Police
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Captain Dan Finkelstein, a 27-year law enforcement veteran, has been named MTA's Chief of Transit Police - a first-of-its-kind arrangement that is expected to consolidate the agency's security forces and improve safety for employees and patrons.
- Keywords: Transit Police
- March 19, 2003
- MTA to Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Service Changes in the Westside/Central Area of Los Angeles April 1
MTA will hold a public hearing to discuss proposed service changes that are planned for implementation in June 2003 or later that will enhance bus service in the Westside/Central area of Los Angeles.
- Keywords: Public Hearing, Service changes
- March 19, 2003
- Metro San Gabriel Valley Service Sector Governance Council Holds Orientation Meeting
The San Gabriel Valley Governance Council attended its orientation meeting this week to prepare it for leading transit services and improvements in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Keywords: San Gabriel Valley, Service Sector, Governance Council
- March 18, 2003
- MTA's Most Senior Employee, Arthur Winston, Turns 97 on March 22
After working on the job for more than seven decades with only one absence, MTA's Arthur Winston will celebrate his birthday later this week, turning 97 on Saturday, March 22.
- Keywords: rthur Winston, Employee
- March 10, 2003
- MTA Board Approves Service Changes in the San Gabriel Valley
The MTA Board of Directors has approved a number of changes aimed at enhancing bus service in the San Gabriel Valley, and will analyze Bus Line 260 for a month to better determine impacts.
- Keywords: service changes, San Gabriel Valley
- March 06, 2003
- MTA Holds Two Public Hearings in Lancaster and Palmdale to Determine Use of Transportation Funds
The MTA will conduct a public hearing in Palmdale and Lancaster to receive ideas and suggestions for meeting public transportation needs in the Antelope Valley.
- Keywords: Lancaster, Palmdale, Transportation, Public Hearings
- March 05, 2003
- MTA will Hold Public Hearing in Santa Clarita to Determine Use of Transportation Funds
The MTA will conduct a public hearing in the Santa Clarita Valley on Wednesday, March 12th to receive ideas and suggestions for meeting public transportation needs in the Santa Clarita Valley area. The hearing will be held at the Santa Clarita City Council Chambers, 23920 Valencia Blvd., at 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Keywords: Public Hearing, Santa Clarita, Transportation Funds
- March 04, 2003
- MTA Honors Operators, Mechanics, Service Attendants for Excellence in Performance
(Los Angeles) - MTA recognized 256 of its Metro Bus and Rail operators, mechanics and service attendants from all five service sectors for their excellent performance over the past five years.
- Keywords: Operators, Mechanics, Service Attendants
- March 03, 2003
- Juror Pass Program will Allow L.A. Superior Court Jurors to Trade Mileage Allowance For MTA Weekly Transit Pass
(Los Angeles) - MTA and Los Angeles Superior Court today launched the Juror Pass Program, which will offer MTA weekly transit passes to jurors in exchange for their vehicle mileage reimbursement.
- Keywords: Juror Pass Program
- February 28, 2003
- MTA Board Approves Two County Supervisorial Nominees to Serve on the Metro San Gabriel Valley Service Sector Governance Council
The MTA Board of Director’s has approved two additional nominees to serve on a nine-member Governance Council for the Metro San Gabriel Valley Service Sector.
- Keywords: San Gabriel Valley, Service Sector, governance council
- February 28, 2003
- MTA Offers New Program to Improve Safety for Late Night Bus Riders
MTA has established a new program designed to enhance safety and convenience for its customers who ride Metro buses late at night
- Keywords: Program, Safety, late night, bus riders