- September 26, 2001
- Advanced technology, improved training help MTA serve telephone customers faster
One of the simplest ways to get advice on bus and rail travel is to call the Metro System's toll free customer service number, 1-800-COMMUTE. But in an age of instant information, most callers have limited patience for being placed "on hold." Fortunately, the average wait time for customers seeking transit information from 99 fulltime and nine part-time Customer Information Agents has dropped by 30% in the last year alone, so MTA's customers are getting through to Metro Information agents faster than ever.
- Keywords: technology, training, telephone
- September 25, 2001
- MTA to Add More Buses to Heavily Used Lines to Offer More Service and Ease Overcrowding Effective October 1
MTA will add an additional 88 peak-hour buses on heavily traveled bus lines throughout Los Angeles County to comply with a federal appeals court decision that calls for more bus service.
- Keywords: Buses, lines, add, overcrowding
- September 20, 2001
- Metro bus system customer complaints dip to all-time low; Buses also becoming cleaner and more dependable
The deployment of over 400 new buses and introduction of Metro Rapid bus service in fiscal year 2001, and other factors, all contributed to the lowest rate of customer complaints received by MTA in one month.
- Keywords: bus system, customer complaints, low, buses, depandable, cleaner
- September 10, 2001
- Parallax Forum L.A. Traffic Jam – Is There A Way Out?
Angelenos fed up with traffic will have a chance to speak up and engage MTA officials in a live, one-hour interactive television dialogue Sunday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. on a special edition of Time Warner’s Parallax Forum L.A. Traffic Jam – Is There A Way Out? sponsored by the MTA and Time Warner Cable.
- Keywords: Forum, L.A., traffic jam
- September 10, 2001
- Attending Re-Opening Festivities for Watts Towers Made More Convenient by MTA and Staples Center
Free public parking at Staples Center, Lot 5, is being offered to those who would like to take the Metro Blue Line from the Pico Station, a short walk from the sports/entertainment complex, to a lighting ceremony marking the grand opening of Watts Towers, Friday, September 28.
- Keywords: Watts Towers, Staples Center
- September 07, 2001
- Sept. 9-15 is ‘Try Transit Week’
MTA Joins other Transit Operators Encouraging People to use Public Transit during “Try Transit Week”
- Keywords: Tranit Operators, Try Transit Work, public transit