- August 31, 2001
- Service Rescues Stranded Motorists, Lessens Freeway Congestion
Tow truck drivers, MTA, Caltrans and CHP officials today joined grateful motorists in marking the 10th anniversary of the Metro Freeway Service Patrol (MFSP), one of the most successful and cost-effective programs for easing traffic jams on Los Angeles County freeways.
- Keywords: serivce, stranded motorists, freeway congestion
- August 29, 2001
- MTA Declares September 'Metro Blue Line Safety Month'
(Los Angeles) - As thousands of children living near the Metro Blue Line tracks head back to school, MTA is moving safety to the head of the class by declaring September 'Metro Blue Line Safety Month.' The month-long campaign will augment MTA's ongoing public safety awareness program, which is aimed at promoting safety along the 22-mile-long light rail line and reducing the number of Metro Blue Line-related accidents.
- Keywords: September, Blue Line, Safety
- August 28, 2001
- MTA And Metrolink Offering Fast Track To L.A. County Fair in Pomona With Stress-Free Rides And Discounts
MTA and Metrolink are making travel to the L.A. County Fair in Pomona, September 7-23, quick and stress-free.
- Keywords: Metrolink, L.A. County Fair, Pomona
- August 21, 2001
- MTA Awarded $4.4 Million in Federal Funds for Compressed Natural Gas Buses
(Los Angeles) - The nation’s top transportation official today announced that MTA will receive more than $4.4 million in federal funds to purchase compressed natural gas (CNG) buses. U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Y. Mineta made the announcement in Los Angeles.
- Keywords: Federal Funds, Compressed Natural Gas, Buses
- August 02, 2001
- MTA Metro Red Line Station Receives Plaque Honoring Congressman Julian Dixon
In a ceremony today outside MTA's headquarters building behind Union Station, a plaque honoring the late Rep. Julian Dixon was unveiled and will be placed inside one of the MTA's busiest Metro Rail stations.
- Keywords: Red Line, Julian Dixon, Plaque