- July 26, 2001
- MTA Board Approves Busway For San Fernando Valley East-West Corridor
The MTA Board of Directors today adopted a 14-mile Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system, also called a "busway," as the locally preferred alternative for the San Fernando Valley East-West Transit Corridor.
- Keywords: busway, East-West, corridor, San Fernando Valley
- July 26, 2001
- 2001 'Call For Projects' Totals $893.4 Million
MTA Board Funds 218 Transportation Improvement Projects in 2001 ‘Call for Projects’ Program
- Keywords: 2001, Call for Projects
- July 21, 2001
- Statewide Insect Infestation Hits Home; MTA to Remove 119 Dying Eucalyptus Trees Along Burbank-Chandler Right-of-Way
A tiny Australian insect that has caused the deaths of thousands of eucalyptus trees around the state, is forcing the MTA, in the interest of public safety, to remove 119 dead or dying eucalyptus trees on an MTA-owned rail right-of-way in the San Fernando Valley. The MTA will begin the removal on August 6.
- Keywords: Insect Infestation, Eucalyptus Trees, Burbank-Chandler
- July 13, 2001
- Metro Rail System Closing In On Quarter Million Daily Boardings
(Los Angeles) - Ridership on the Metro Red Line subway continued its record setting trend in June 2001 with average weekday boardings of 150,025. Compared to May 2001, this represents an increase of 15,350. This is the largest month-to-month increase, with the exception of increases produced by new segment openings, since the Metro Red Line began service in January 1993.
- Keywords: Rail System, Quarter Million, Daily, Boardings
- July 12, 2001
- MTA to Hold Public Hearing on Expansion of Metro Rapid Program, Proposed Fy 2002 Bus Service Changes
(Los Angeles) - The MTA will hold a public hearing this week to receive public comment on the expansion of the highly successful Metro Rapid Program and proposed bus route and schedule modifications on five existing Metro Bus lines. The proposed expansion and changes would take effect in December 2001 or later.
- Keywords: Public Hearing, Rapid Program, bus service changes
- July 10, 2001
- Public Lets MTA Have It, Good, Bad & Ugly In Stakeholders Web Site
The MTA is encouraging the public to let their feelings be known about transportation issues in “Connections,” an interactive feature offered on the MTA’s Internet “Stakeholders” at www.mta.net. The result has been an interesting and provocative mix of praise and constructive criticism.
- Keywords: Stakeholders, website
- July 09, 2001
- Metro Blue Line 7th St./Metro Center/Julian Dixon Station Reconstruction To Begin July 16
Lengthening Of Metro Blue Line ‘Tail Track’ To Accommodate Three-Car Trains
- Keywords: Recommendations, Blue Line 7th St., Metro Center, Julian Dixon Station
- July 06, 2001
- Transportation plan to help welfare families reach jobs, schools, childcare and health care facilities
A major $12.2 million pilot transportation plan forged between MTA and L.A. County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) that will help welfare recipients find and keep jobs, as well as meet other important needs, has been approved by the L.A. County Board of Supervisors.
- Keywords: transportation, welfare, Families, jobs, childcare, school, healthcare