- June 29, 2001
- Metro Rail Joint Development Fever Spreading To Developers
The MTA Board of Directors yesterday agreed to enter into six months of exclusive negotiations with a developer who wants to build a $36 million mixed-use complex at the Wilshire/Western Metro Red Line subway station.
- Keywords: Rail, Joint Development, Developers
- June 28, 2001
- MTA Board Approves Wilshire Bus Rapid Transit, Exposition Light Rail Projects For Mid-City/Westside Corridor
The MTA Board of Directors today adopted a bus rapid transit project and a light rail transit project outlined in a draft environmental report released earlier this year as the combined locally preferred transit alternative for L.A.'s Mid-City and Westside, two areas of the city that are expected to experience substantial growth in population over the next two decades.
- Keywords: Wilshire, Rapid Transit, Bus, Board, Exposition Light Rail
- June 25, 2001
- High gasoline prices send subway ridership soaring in May; New record for largest one-month numerical increase set
The Metro Red Line subway has experienced its greatest one-month gain in numerical ridership since the system debuted in 1993, with the exception of new segment grand openings.
- Keywords: gasoline prices, subway, Ridership
- June 25, 2001
- Mark Holland from Division 9 in El Monte wins the 26th annual MTA Bus Roadeo; Mechanics team from Division 10 take first place
Under a scorching sun the MTA family enjoyed a relaxing and fun family day full of food, music and, of course, a challenging competition between the best of the best of bus operators and mechanics.
- Keywords: Bus Roadeo, Mark Holland, El Monte
- June 21, 2001
- John Fasana New MTA Board Chair
Duarte City Councilman Succeeds Outgoing Chair Yvonne Brathwaite Burke
- Keywords: John Fasana, Board Chair
- June 20, 2001
- Top Dallas Transit Official Picked to Head MTA in Los Angeles County
LOS ANGELES--The MTA Board of Directors today hired Roger Snoble of Dallas, one of the top public transit officials in the nation, to become the MTA's new CEO effective in September. The Board's action was unanimous.
- Keywords: Roger Snoble, Los Angeles County
- June 14, 2001
- METRO BUS SERVICE FROM HOLLYWOOD/VINE SUBWAY STATION TO HOLLYWOOD BOWL RESUMES SATURDAY; DISCOUNT SEATS AVAILABLE
Metro passengers, who take the Metro Bus Hollywood Bowl Shuttle 163 from the Hollywood/Vine Metro Rail subway station when service resumes June 16, also the beginning of the Hollywood Bowl performance season, arrive to shows relaxed by avoiding parking lot nightmares, and can save money on tickets.
- Keywords: bus, Service, Hollywood/Vine, Sation, Hollywood Bowl
- June 11, 2001
- Wait for taking Metro Art tours to drop by 50 percent; Over two dozen volunteers training to become docents
(Los Angeles) The waiting period for taking MTA’s popular Metro Art group tour of the Metro Rail system, provided free-of-charge, will be cut in half when 26 individuals who volunteered to become docents become accredited later this summer.
- Keywords: art, tours, docents
- June 08, 2001
- League Of Cities Ratifies Nomination Of Santa Monica City Council Member Pam O'Connor To MTA Board Of Directors
(Los Angeles) - The League of California Cities, Los Angeles County Division, last night ratified the nomination of Santa Monica City Council member Pam O'Connor to the MTA Board of Directors. She will be sworn in later this month.
- Keywords: Pam O'Connor, board of directors
- June 08, 2001
- Largest job fair in California is co-sponsored by MTA, free to public and features prizes, entertainment and celebrities
1,500 Jobs Up For Grabs At Transit-Themed L.A. Youthfest
- Keywords: job fair, entertainment, public, prizes, celebrities
- June 05, 2001
- The Other Dr. Grant - THIS ONE PROVIDES THERAPY FOR THE METRO BUS AND RAIL SYSTEM
One of the chief architects behind the MTA's first major bus/rail passenger survey since 1996 once considered honoring a family tradition -working at a car manufacturing plant.
- Keywords: Dr. Grant, Therapy, Bus, Rail