- April 30, 2001
- MTA Funded Carpool Lane To Open Along 605 Freeway May 2
MTA, in partnership with Caltrans, will open the southbound lanes of a new carpool lane along the San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605) between the South Street and the Los Angeles/Orange County line on Wednesday May 2. See Illustrative Map
- Keywords: Carpool Lane, 605 Freeway
- April 26, 2001
- Plan Provides 25-Year Blueprint For Transportation Development MTA Board Approves 2001 Long Range Transportation Plan
The MTA Board of Directors today approved the MTA’s 2001 Long Range Transportation Plan for Los Angeles County with the provision that amendments to the plan could be introduced at the next regular Board meeting on May 24, 2001. The plan will guide transportation development in the county through the year 2025, a period in which the county is expected to experience unprecedented growth.
- Keywords: Long Range Transportation Plan, Blueprint, Transportation Development
- April 17, 2001
- MTA Launches New Anti-Vandalism Campaign Aimed at Taggers, Parents and the Public
Hard-hitting messages featuring a young man’s paint-smeared arms, bound at the wrist by handcuffs with the slogan – “Tag? You’re It!” – are part of a new MTA anti-vandalism campaigned launched this month.
- Keywords: Anti-Vandalism Campaign, Taggers
- April 03, 2001
- OPERATORS, MECHANICS AND SUPERVISORS RECEIVE SPECIAL AWARDS FOR YEARS OF FIRST-RATE JOB PERFORMANCE AND GOOD DEEDS
The MTA has recognized the efforts of 60 of its top Operations division employees.
- Keywords: Operators, Mechanics, Supervisors, Awards
- April 02, 2001
- L.A. GALAXY SOCCER STAR WILL HELP MTA PROMOTE BUS, RAIL SAFETY CAMPAIGN COUNTYWIDE
As part of its ongoing efforts to raise safety awareness, MTA today joined forces with the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team to promote safe behavior around Metro Rail trains and Metro Buses.
- Keywords: L.A. Galaxy, Bus, Rail, Safety