- This event has passed.
Work Zone Implementation – Sycamore Ave. and Wilshire Blvd.
September 25 @ 5:00 am - 9:00 pm
Beginning Saturday, September 25, 2021, from 5am to 9pm, traffic controls will be implemented on Wilshire Blvd. between Highland Ave. and Dunsmuir Ave. These traffic controls will support the implementation of a work zone on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. and South Sycamore Ave.
- Saturday, September 25, 5am to 9pm
- Wilshire Blvd. between Highland Ave. and Dunsmuir Ave.
- 5am to 3pm: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. from Highland Ave. to La Brea Ave. will be fully closed.
- 5am to 3pm: Wilshire Blvd. between Cochrane Ave. and La Brea Ave. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction.
- 3pm to 9pm: Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. between Dunsmuir Ave. and Citrus Ave. will be reduced to a single lane.
- During the westbound full closure, a detour route will be implemented at Highland Ave. Traffic will proceed north on Highland Ave., west on 6th St., and then south on La Brea Ave.
- Left turn movements between Highland Ave. and Detroit St. will be restricted throughout this work.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- Access to the mini mall on the southeast corner of Wilshire and Sycamore will be maintained from Wilshire Blvd.
- Pedestrian access to the BMW Service Center and Jack in the Box will be maintained.
- All sidewalks in the area will remain open.
- Access for emergency vehicles and first responders will be maintained.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information on changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.