- This event has passed.
Traffic Signal Conduit Relocation at Wilshire Blvd and Gayley Ave
August 23 @ 9:00 pm - September 17 @ 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 23, 2021
Metro contractors are completing the traffic signal conduit relocation work in the Westwood area. Activities include pulling wire and terminations, saw cutting, demolition, and trenching of existing roadways and sidewalks to relocate and install traffic signal conduits. Driveway and parking access will be maintained. Work will be done in stages. Traffic signals and streetlights will be maintained during the work.
Dates: August 23 to September 17
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 3:30pm
- Eastbound lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd between Veteran Ave and Westwood Blvd.
- Lane reductions on Kinross Ave between Gayley Ave to the alley west of Broxton Ave.
- Temporary closure of the northern sidewalk on Kinross Ave between Veteran Ave and Gayley Ave.
- Temporary closure of the southern sidewalk on Kinross Ave between Gayley Ave and Broxton Ave.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on Gayley Ave and Lindbrook Dr.
- Intermittent crosswalk closures in work zones.
- Business access will be maintained outside the work zones.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.