- This event has passed.
Traffic Signal Light Pole and Foundation Removal on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between Westwood Blvd. and Veteran Ave.
September 27 @ 9:00 am - October 8 @ 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating indefinitely
Metro contractors will remove traffic signals and foundations in Westwood from September 27 to October 8. Removal of the traffic signal light poles and foundations will be on the north side of Wilshire Blvd between Westwood Blvd and Veteran Ave.
- Date: September 27 to October 8
- Work hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 3:30pm
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd traffic control set for Stage 1 of the pile installation work will be utilized for this activity.
- The sidewalk on Wilshire Blvd between Westwood Blvd and Gayley Avenue will be intermittently closed to allow for removal of the existing street light poles.
- All work has received the necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will always be maintained unless notified advance notice is provided.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Construction is dynamic and schedules are subject to change.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.