- This event has passed.
The I-710 South Corridor Project: 710 Task Force – Meeting #1
September 13 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Metro Board recently suspended work on the environmental review for the I-710 South Corridor Project due to concerns over desired outcomes for air quality, equity, mobility and sustainability (Motion 47 and 48). The Board also directed staff to re-engage corridor stakeholders in a new process for examining how to make improvements within the 710 Corridor that focused on collaboration with affected communities.
To help address these challenges and support the needs of our residents, Metro has initiated a I-710 South Corridor Task Force (710 Task Force) which will develop a community-supported, regionally significant, multimodal approach to addressing the major mobility, safety, air quality and equity needs for moving people and goods through the 710 South corridor between the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach (SPB Ports) and State Route (SR) 60.
The Metro 710 Task Force will:
- Review and confirm the Purpose and Need of improvements to the I-710 corridor between the SPB Ports and SR-60;
- Develop multimodal strategies to meet the Purpose and Need, in alignment with the existing regional and state policy framework;
- Identify an array of projects and programs, prioritized in the near-term to long-term, that will realize the goals to meet the needs of stakeholders and corridor users;
- Create a prioritized investment plan that will allow Metro and Caltrans—in partnership with 710 South Corridor Task Force members and local, regional, state, and federal agencies—to implement these projects and programs; and
- Report to the Metro Board and State of California with the outcomes of the 710 Task Force work by March 2022.
As Metro re-engages, we invite you to join us at our first virtual meeting to hear where we are and provide input into the process:
710 Task Force – Meeting #1
Monday, September 13, 2021
Please visit https://tinyurl.com/710TaskForce-Mtg1 to register to attend
Webinar ID: 823 7929 0229
English Call-in: (213) 338-8477
Se proporcionará interpretación simultánea al español durante la reunión. Llame al (646) 749-3335 e ingrese el código de acceso 773-633-757 para escuchar la presentación por teléfono en español.
Instructions on how to participate online
- Visit the Zoom link above to register
- Enter your first and last name, organization and email
- You will receive an email confirmation upon registration which will provide the webinar registration details and meeting link
- Click on the Zoom link to join the live meeting
How to join via phone
- Call (213) 338-8477 for English and (646) 749-3335 for Spanish
- Enter the 11-digit meeting ID and press “#” sign
- Enter the passcode and press “#” sign
- You will join the meeting and hear the presenter speaking
After the presentation, there will be an opportunity for you to provide your comments. Each speaker will be allocated one minute for comments in order to allow as many as possible to participate. Additionally, please note that each of the future task force meetings will include public participation and an opportunity for comment.
Metro provides services at no cost to persons with disabilities to access meetings and information, such as qualified sign language interpreters, written information in other formats (including large print, audio, accessible electronic formats) and language translation services. All Metro meetings are accessible to persons with disabilities.
Metro is developing a webpage and contact information for the 710 Task Force. This information will be provided in the next few weeks.