- This event has passed.
South Sycamore Ave. Closure at Wilshire Blvd.
November 19 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until April 4, 2022
Beginning Saturday, September 25, 2021, and continuing through Monday, April 4, 2022, Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and Highland Ave. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Sycamore Ave. immediately south of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed. This traffic control will support emergency exit construction adjacent to the Wilshire/La Brea Station.
- September 25, 2021 through April 4, 2022.
- Work hours are anticipated to be 7am to 8pm, five to six days per week.
Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and June St. Sycamore Ave. immediately south of Wilshire Blvd.
- Wilshire Blvd. reduced to two lanes in each direction between Detroit St. and Highland Ave.
- Sycamore Ave. closed immediately south of Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turns from Wilshire Blvd. to La Brea Ave., Sycamore Ave., and Orange Dr. will be restricted.
- K-Rail will be implemented on Sycamore Ave. and on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. between La Brea Ave. and just east of Sycamore Ave.
- The south leg crosswalk on Sycamore Ave. will be closed during this work.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- Access to the mini mall on the southeast corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Sycamore Ave. will be maintained from Wilshire Blvd.
- Pedestrian access to the BMW Service Center and Jack in the Box will be maintained.
- All sidewalks in the area will remain open.
- Access for emergency vehicles and first responders will continue.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or lines could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro. Passengers are encouraged to use the Transit App to plan their travels.